Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #1

New Jayco Owner-Central Illinois

My wife and I have bought our first Jayco travel trailer, a 330RLTS. This is our 5th trailer. Went to the International Rally in Michigan this year and had a great time. Will hopefully camp with a local chapter sometime soon.

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF grumpytrkr! Congratulations on the new 5'er.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

Congrats on the trailer, love the floor plan!
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMFAM View Post
Congrats on the trailer, love the floor plan!
This was sort of a retirement gift for my wife. We were looking for a trailer for some extended trips, and wanted a travel trailer. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis, and needed to keep the topper on the truck to keep her mobility scooter out of the weather. We had a Fleetwood with 2 slides, however, when my wife seen this with the two livingroom slides, and the fireplace, I knew the checkbook was going to take a hit.

I'm using a Equalizer hitch, with the "4 point" sway control. No problems with it. As a matter of fact, this is the 3ed trailer it has been on.

Safe Travels,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
My wife and I have bought our first Jayco travel trailer, a 330RLTS. This is our 5th trailer. Went to the International Rally in Michigan this year and had a great time. Will hopefully camp with a local chapter sometime soon.

Regards,
Congradulations on the Jayco TT.

We have been talking about going to the Jayco International Rally next year in NC
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Fla View Post
Congradulations on the Jayco TT.

We have been talking about going to the Jayco International Rally next year in NC
We have thought about that, too, but North Carolina in August might be to hot & humid for the wife. I've been told the place is near the mountains, and doesn't get as warm as the flat lands. Will wait and see.

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Old 08-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Site Team

Welcome to JOF, Grumpy!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #8

Ya gotta love the floorplan of this trailer. We really like ours. We have had ours now for coming up on a year. Welcome to the forum!
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfeather View Post
Ya gotta love the floorplan of this trailer. We really like ours. We have had ours now for coming up on a year. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the floorplan is great. I don't understand why Jayco didn't put any outlets in the bedroom by the dresser. So, I did that. The next problem was the overhead lights were not bright enough for the wife. I ordered some LED lights from camping world, and put them in. So far, the unit has been trouble free, except for some trim in the black water tank. The brakes don't impress me, but being a truck driver, I'm kinda picky. We have used this unit more in the 4 months that we have had it, then all of last camping season. And, we are currently in Effingham, IL for a week, then, going to be gone for 3 weeks in September. And you got to love the fireplace!

Regards,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Old 08-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the floorplan is great. I don't understand why Jayco didn't put any outlets in the bedroom by the dresser. So, I did that. The next problem was the overhead lights were not bright enough for the wife. I ordered some LED lights from camping world, and put them in. So far, the unit has been trouble free, except for some trim in the black water tank. The brakes don't impress me, but being a truck driver, I'm kinda picky. We have used this unit more in the 4 months that we have had it, then all of last camping season. And, we are currently in Effingham, IL for a week, then, going to be gone for 3 weeks in September. And you got to love the fireplace!

Regards,
Do you like the led lights? Are they brighter? I also added an outlet at the dresser. I also added a switch for the bedroom light.

Ya, I have not been too impressed with the brakes also. I had to do a major panic stop when a car spun out of control right in front of me while towing. I did not hit her, but I upgraded my brake controller before the next time out.

I also really liked the fireplace, but the DW did not like the price and we both really liked the big picture window. I added my own fireplace later. See my links in my signature.
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Do you like the led lights? Are they brighter? I also added an outlet at the dresser. I also added a switch for the bedroom light.

Ya, I have not been too impressed with the brakes also. I had to do a major panic stop when a car spun out of control right in front of me while towing. I did not hit her, but I upgraded my brake controller before the next time out.

I also really liked the fireplace, but the DW did not like the price and we both really liked the big picture window. I added my own fireplace later. See my links in my signature.
The LED lights are a lot brighter. What I like about them best is the fact that you can turn on one set, or both lights, unlike the ones I took out. They were not cheap, however, for something that looks like it is from the factory, I'll pay the extra.

I've got an appointment with Mor-Ryde at the end of the month to see about disc brakes for the trailer. I'll go to the dealer and see about a new brake controller first, and if that don't make me happy, then I'll go to disc brakes. The brakes work fine when you first hook up and leave, but fade out after that.

I wanted to order a trailer, and not take one off the lot. This trailer has two AC units with 50 amp service, and the fireplace. I was thinking more with you, the big window in the back, one AC unit and 30 amp service. However, the dealer we bought this unit from I have dealt with for several years and, made me offer I couldn't refuse. And most important, the wife like it better then the big back window. So....this is what we have. And we are very happy with it.

I don't understand why Jayco put recliners in the fifth wheel units like this floorplan, but on travel trailer, they put two couches. And, Jayco wouldn't send recliners to the dealer to swap out one couch. So, I sold one couch, and bought two rocker recliners. My wife says the trailer will entertain 6, feed 4, and sleep 2.

Safe travels,

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #12

Quote:
I wanted to order a trailer, and not take one off the lot. This trailer has two AC units with 50 amp service, and the fireplace. I was thinking more with you, the big window in the back, one AC unit and 30 amp service. However, the dealer we bought this unit from I have dealt with for several years and, made me offer I couldn't refuse. And most important, the wife like it better then the big back window. So....this is what we have. And we are very happy with it.

Safe travels,
Ours still came with a 50amp service. It must be standard. It is pre wired for the second air in bedroom. That was a big surprise when we picked it up. I was not expecting a 50 amp service.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Ours still came with a 50amp service. It must be standard. It is pre wired for the second air in bedroom. That was a big surprise when we picked it up. I was not expecting a 50 amp service.
I did not know that. I just thought that one AC was 30 amp. Thanks for the info.

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member