Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #1

New Jayco Whitehawk

We are from Ohio and new to this site. We also have a new Whitehawk. Don't know what all the fuss was about when people were saying this trailer was not up to Jayco's quailty. We made a few modifications, some expensive, some not,and it is now perfect. We have taken it out twice and we love it.
jayberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #2

Jayberg, welcome to JOF, lots of good folks and info here. Enjoy the new Whitehawk.

2012 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.73 (traded)
2005 Jayco 1207 (second PUP)
1976 Coleman Brandywine (first PUP)
katgar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum. I also have a Whitehawk and we really enjoy our unit. We have had some minor issues so far and still have one or two more things for the dealer to look at but overall it has been a terrific unit.

What sort of things were you hearing about the whitehawks ? I've walked through enough trailers for the past 3 years before we bought our Whitehawk to know that no trailer is perfect.

Again welcome to JOF and congrats on your new trailer.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #4

Welcome to the JOF, Jayberg. Congratulations on your new White Hawk. It's great to hear it's working out for you. Enjoy!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #5

Welcome Jayberg! Congrats on the Whitehawk! We saw a new one while camping over Memorial weekend & I felt the urge to stop & ask if I could look further, but didn't. Not sure how they'd feel about that!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #6

Thumbs up Whitehawk remarks

After we purchased our Whitehawk I went onto the internet and was reading negative remarks about the unit. I said "Oh no, did we make a mistake?" The remarks we read were about how Jayco cheapened the unit, however we only saw a few areas that were different than our other Jaycos. One being the straight panel cupboards vs. raised panel. We asked Jayco about this and they said they took out the weight on the trailer by making changes, however they would never jepordize the over all structure of the unit. People asked for a light weight, suv towable unit, and when Jayco (and others) made a trailer to meet the demands, people complained that it wasn't the same. As usual you can never satisfy the masses. We saw some issues we had to address, some of them being: placing panels in the lower cupboards so canned goods would not fall behind, we replaced all the cushions in the coach and dinette with a good quality high density foam, replaced the cheap foam mattress, put moding around the border above the kitchen sink, and we replaced the facet in the bathroom with one that had a longer facet. No big changes, but enough to make a difference. The big expense was replacing the cushions and the mattress. We knew we were going to do this before we bought the unit, and we are absolutely in love with it. Hope every Whitehawk owner feels the same way.
jayberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #7

Sounds like you made an informed decision on your purchase. Welcome to the JOF and congrats on your new Whitehawk! What model did you get?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
Site Team

Welcome and congrats on the new Whitehawk!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #9

Congratulations on the new camper. Enjoy it and don't worry about what others may think.

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayberg View Post
We are from Ohio and new to this site. We also have a new Whitehawk. Don't know what all the fuss was about when people were saying this trailer was not up to Jayco's quailty. We made a few modifications, some expensive, some not,and it is now perfect. We have taken it out twice and we love it.
What are you modifications? We just picked up our 24FBS a week ago and we go on our first trip this weekend.
coachnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #11

Congratulations on your new Whitehawk!!! We own a Whitehawk 28DSBH and just love it.

Welcome to the forum and happy camping!!!

Steven, Michelle, and Ashley
2012 Whitehawk 28DSBH
2008 Dodge 1500 STX
bigdaddyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #12

Not sure what model you have but we purchased a Whitehawk 28DSBH just like bigdaddyss and we love our as well.

The only thing we haven't tried yet is the loading the water tanks and using the water pump.

I know we need to but when we brought the camper home the first time, we couldn't get it into the driveway. That was some great planning on our part huh? We will be making some changes in order to accomodate it in a few months though.

Anyway, it is in storage now so we don't have much of an opportunity try things out.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have.
franklins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #13

Welcome to the forum Jayberg. Peggy and I are fairly new here and have just returned from our first trip. We have the White Hawk 26DSRB. We love it. Could you post some photos of the changes you made to the cupboards. We agree the faucet in the bathroom sink is too small. We did not find the dinette cushions uncomfortable but we did have to velcro them in place as the back ones kept falling down. I actually like the firmness of the foam mattress (or am I feeling the wood underneath?!). Overall, we are extremely happy with our choice. Only thing to do after our first trip is to caulk around the bottom of the shower, a slight amount of water was finding its way out. Also do not like the bathroom door and plan to replace it with a bi-fold so it takes up less room when open.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote