Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #1

New Member 184BH Baja Edition

Just joined today, did some searching on the internet and it looked like all my questions were being directed here.

In November my wife and I bought a 2014 184BH Baja Edition TT. I am towing it with an 07 Toyota FJ.

My wife and I use to tent camp, well now that we have two boys (ages 5 and 3 right now) tent camping was something my wife didn't want to do anymore. We borrowed a neighbor's pop up tent trailer and that got my wife hooked!! But the pop up tent trailer seemed like a lot of work for setup..... That was just us... Being lazy!!!! So we found this trailer, it's actually used. I guess a couple had bought it, used it once and decided that a motor-home would be better for them. So we got this trailer, used once at about $2000 less. We thought it was too good to pass up. Our first trip is planned in March, we are going to Ocean Shores WA.... Not the time for tent camping at Ocean Shores!!!

So if anyone can give me any tips of what I might need I would appreciate it!!

One mod I am going to do is the LED strip on the awning.

Another thing is to get an LP hose some where to hook up my Q2200 for grillin outside.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to searchin and getting help... And supplying any help that I can!

Chewey
chewey46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #2

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #3

Welcome to the site
Tons of great info here
Enjoy

Tom
2015 Eagle 324BHTS
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 DirtyMax
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #4

Congrats on the camper
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #5

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #6

congrats! we just got ours last year...just look through the forum and you should find all the answers you need. i leave a box with crayons and coloring books, paints etc for my daughter in the camper...hit the dollar store for extra cooking utensils, potholder etc to leave in the camper. i am trying to make it so all i need is in the camper and at the end of the year i just throw everything into totes to stay in the camper instead of moving them inside....we also invested in a little 15 inch LCD TV NAXA brand with DVD player...it was $160 on amazon...totally worth it, it has the 12 volt DC cord ...and boy is that great on evenings and rainy days

2007 Jay Feather Sport 218

2007 Honda Ridgeline
jaycojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #7

We did an Ikea run and found some cheap utensils, and the place we bought our trailer there was a Wal-Mart next to the service center where we picked the trailer up at. We found a 19" TV for $84 and a Blueray player for $50. Perfect for the trailer on rainy days. Rainy days here in Washington.... UUUMMMM...... YEAH!!!

Does anyone have experience with portable grey/black water tanks? Since our grey water is 15 gallons and the black is only 9 gallons, with a 3 and 5 year old boys.... Those will be full in about an hour!!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #8

Hi, Welcome to JOF from Northeast Ohio!

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #9

I am getting excited, just pulled my trailer out of winter storage. Got a question (I know do a search), what is the best way to de-winterize your trailer? How do I get all the pink anti-freeze out of it?

Sorry, this is my first camping trailer, moving up from the tent camping.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #10

Hi Chewey, what we do on our first trip is we stop and fill up the freshwater tank and run all of the faucets both hot and cold (don't forget about the outside shower), when all run clear we top off the freshwater tank and stop by the dump station to empty the tanks before heading to our site. Don't forget to change the settings on the bypass for the hot water heater after everything runs clear.

There is also a process to sanitize the water lines, however since we don't drink/cook with water out of the fresh water tank, we skip this step.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #11

SWEET, we do have a dump station not to far away from our house. It's a Washington State rest stop off of I-5. I did read in the owners manual (which really is not too helpful) about the bypass values.

Thanks for the response Heady!!!
Old 06-23-2015, 10:48 PM   #12

I also have a Jayco 184BH Baja Edition. As for the propane hook up for your grill there is a propane manifold block underneath your campers door area that you could get a hose to attach. Mine has a couple of plugs that you could remove and install a hose with a quick coupler to hook up your grill. I also put a twin 30 pound bottle set up on my unit. This is well worth it especially when you want to do early spring and late fall camping.
I would also get a solar panel for your TT it is great to have and get a pair of 6 volt deep cycle batteries. I had these installed and makes a world of difference. I also upgraded my lights on the interior to LED. I put an LED light on the amber outdoor light and what a difference it made for the distance of the light.
I find towing this trailer is not as bad as I thought it would be. I use the weight distributing hitch mainly due to it is a single axle unit and it keeps it from swaying too much. The hot water tank in the Baja edition is the same size as the normal version of this trailer.
Junkers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #13

Hi Chewey!
Congrats on the trailer. I pull our 184BH with a 2010 4Runner up in Vancouver (the bigger one.) I've put some pics up of some of my mods. I'd highly recommend starting by swapping to LEDs and upgrading the supports for the kitchenette bed.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...4bh-20619.html
Old 03-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #14

I did find the manifold block. The plug that is in the pic, I replaced with a quick disconnect. I plug my Q1200 into it and it's AWESOME. I had to do some mods to my Q, like take the regulator that was on it off. Since my trailer had a regulator I wanted to to run smoothly. It does!!
Attached Thumbnails
LP1.jpg   LP2.jpg  
Old 03-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkers12 View Post
I also have a Jayco 184BH Baja Edition. As for the propane hook up for your grill there is a propane manifold block underneath your campers door area that you could get a hose to attach. Mine has a couple of plugs that you could remove and install a hose with a quick coupler to hook up your grill. I also put a twin 30 pound bottle set up on my unit. This is well worth it especially when you want to do early spring and late fall camping.
I would also get a solar panel for your TT it is great to have and get a pair of 6 volt deep cycle batteries. I had these installed and makes a world of difference. I also upgraded my lights on the interior to LED. I put an LED light on the amber outdoor light and what a difference it made for the distance of the light.
I find towing this trailer is not as bad as I thought it would be. I use the weight distributing hitch mainly due to it is a single axle unit and it keeps it from swaying too much. The hot water tank in the Baja edition is the same size as the normal version of this trailer.
With the mods you did, the the 2 6V Deep Cells and the extra LP tank, how much weight is on your tongue now?

My FJ only has a 500LB tongue weight and my trailer with one tank and 1 12V battery is about at 400LB
Old 03-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #16
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote