Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek700 View Post
Welcome fellow wet coaster. I am in Abbotsford, a solar panel would be a good boondocking item to help keep the batteries charged up as well as LED lighting to keep power consumption down. We also did 2x6volt batteries as they last longer apparently. Enjoy the new trailer, I assume you went to Travellland in Langley.
Thanks for the info, I will be doing the LED light changes too...I did it with my tent trailer. Just trying to figure out how many watts I will need for soloar charging.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
Are you getting the same trailer? Mine is still there, I will be picking it up on Sat, I am having the paint protection done on it......crossing my fingers that it doesn't snow!! I bought the one with the oven and has the twin propane tank. There was another one there that was sold identical to mine. I believe that one was the one that they have at the RV show. I think that they only have one left and that one has the single 30 gal tank and no oven
We are going a different route, as much as we like the Jay feathers etc we will most likely try to get into something a bit bigger. We are still working out the details of which unit. I think your trailer is one of the nicer units. I was at Traveland last weekend and looked at a few Jay Feathers as well as a few Jay Flights. It's a tough decison for us as we all want the best bang for our buck, but man , am I having a tough time figuring out what unit to buy. I will also be at the dealers this Saturday hopefully ordering our new unit. Anyhow, congrats and enjoy your new trailer.
Crewmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #23

We bought from Travelland as well. So far they have been excellent to deal with.
Dave
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCoveDave View Post
We bought from Travelland as well. So far they have been excellent to deal with.
Dave
Our dealings with them has been exceptional.....Kevin is our salesman that we have been dealing with
Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewmaniacs View Post
We are going a different route, as much as we like the Jay feathers etc we will most likely try to get into something a bit bigger. We are still working out the details of which unit. I think your trailer is one of the nicer units. I was at Traveland last weekend and looked at a few Jay Feathers as well as a few Jay Flights. It's a tough decison for us as we all want the best bang for our buck, but man , am I having a tough time figuring out what unit to buy. I will also be at the dealers this Saturday hopefully ordering our new unit. Anyhow, congrats and enjoy your new trailer.
Thanks, good luck with yours, I m sure whatever one you decide on will be equally as nice. We did not want to upgrade my truck just to pull anything bigger. They say gas is going to go thru the roof this summer
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #26

It is official, our trailer is in the driveway, met crew maniac when I took delivery. Real nice guy!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #27

I stopped in at travelland on Saturday and saw your trailer parked waiting for you guys to pick it up. I was looking at an electric tongue jack for mine. They sure are expensive, I think I will order one off ebay from manitec for $100 cheaper.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #28

Quote:
It is official, our trailer is in the driveway, met crew maniac when I took delivery. Real nice guy!
LOL lets not go spreading rumors. :hihi:

It was nice to meet you. That is a great looking trailer you bought. How did it feel behind your truck? More importanly how does it look in the driveway?
Old 02-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #29

Quote:
I stopped in at travelland on Saturday and saw your trailer parked waiting for you guys to pick it up. I was looking at an electric tongue jack for mine. They sure are expensive, I think I will order one off ebay from manitec for $100 cheaper.
Wow....I probably saw you there....I arrived at 11:00 .....took 4 hours from start to finish. They had to set my truck up with the WDH and Primus brake controller in their shop and then they had to hunt for my tent trailer that I traded in to get my licence plate. Boy was I impressed with the way it tracked when I was towing it home....there was no swaying even with the high winds.....mind you when I was driving into the wind...it did make my truck slow down a little bit. I wasn't pushing it hard either since this is the largest trailer that I have ever pulled. Just as I was getting the final details dealt with, I met one of the members from here that was looking at the travel trailers. It was pretty cool.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #30

Quote:
LOL lets not go spreading rumors. :hihi:

It was nice to meet you. That is a great looking trailer you bought. How did it feel behind your truck? More importanly how does it look in the driveway?
It caught me off guard when you came up and asked if I was Westerncanuck...It was a pleasure to meet you too. This trailer towed like a dream even with the wind. The WDH really made a difference in keeping it level over the bumps. The only thing that I need to do is get mirror extensions for backing up because I could barely see the sides since the trailer is 8' wide. Sure got a lot of looks from other drivers though driving home. When I got it home to my driveway, it looked huge....but it looked even better in the driveway than at the dealer. Only thing I was dissapointed in was that the battery they put in was a group 24 and not the group 27 that I had on my tent trailer. I am going to give them a call tomorrow about that. I also need to find out if there is a disconnect for the battery. The stereo and the propane and co monitor dran the battery inless I plug in.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #31

I'm glad it all went well for you on your drive home. You can find add on mirrors on Amazon.com for a decent price but I'm sure there are a few places that would carry add on mirrors around town. Local car dealer or Lordco etc.

Have fun with the new toy. Please post some pics when you can.

Cheers
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #32

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm glad it all went well for you on your drive home. You can find add on mirrors on Amazon.com for a decent price but I'm sure there are a few places that would carry add on mirrors around town. Local car dealer or Lordco etc.

Have fun with the new toy. Please post some pics when you can.

Cheers
Thanks for the info!. I just have to figure out how to post pics on here
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #33

Quote:
It caught me off guard when you came up and asked if I was Westerncanuck...It was a pleasure to meet you too. This trailer towed like a dream even with the wind. The WDH really made a difference in keeping it level over the bumps. The only thing that I need to do is get mirror extensions for backing up because I could barely see the sides since the trailer is 8' wide. Sure got a lot of looks from other drivers though driving home. When I got it home to my driveway, it looked huge....but it looked even better in the driveway than at the dealer. Only thing I was dissapointed in was that the battery they put in was a group 24 and not the group 27 that I had on my tent trailer. I am going to give them a call tomorrow about that. I also need to find out if there is a disconnect for the battery. The stereo and the propane and co monitor dran the battery inless I plug in.
I was there around 10:45. If you want mirror extensions look at Camping World in Burlington Washington. The CIPA ones for my truck were $25 bucks each. Go camp at decption pass down there it is agreat State park and is close to home Exit 230 off the I5. Do the 2-6volts for your battery it is worth it. They will last way longer.

http://www.campingworld.com/order/wi...&cord_group=11

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #34

Quote:
I was there around 10:45. If you want mirror extensions look at Camping World in Burlington Washington. The CIPA ones for my truck were $25 bucks each. Go camp at decption pass down there it is agreat State park and is close to home Exit 230 off the I5. Do the 2-6volts for your battery it is worth it. They will last way longer.

http://www.campingworld.com/order/wi...&cord_group=11
Thanks for the info....do you ge much vibrations with the CIPA mirrors?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #35

No vibration, but i wish they were a convex lens instead of a flat mirror. the slipover acts as a windscreen for the mirrors. For the money they work. It takes about 2 minutes each to put them on and they look somewhat natural.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #36

I just pulled the fuses out of the wires running into my battery. Its been sitting since October that like and yesterday I put the fuses back in and worked the slide in and out. When I checked the battery level it said it was 3/4 so I guess just taking those fuses out worked. We'll see in about 3 more weeks when it is de-winterized for the season.
w/ active anti-sway
JAMMFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMFAM View Post
I just pulled the fuses out of the wires running into my battery. Its been sitting since October that like and yesterday I put the fuses back in and worked the slide in and out. When I checked the battery level it said it was 3/4 so I guess just taking those fuses out worked. We'll see in about 3 more weeks when it is de-winterized for the season.
Cool, I was thinking of pulling the fuses too....the co detector and stereo seem to put a constant drain on the battery. Everything ran great on my generator and I did not even try the AC. Boy did it seem a lot larger than I remembered when we bought it:
Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #38

Quote:
Cool, I was thinking of pulling the fuses too....the co detector and stereo seem to put a constant drain on the battery. Everything ran great on my generator and I did not even try the AC. Boy did it seem a lot larger than I remembered when we bought it:
you're not thinking of something bigger are you?

Did you sleep in the new TT in your driveway yet?

I just ordered some cipa mirrors. I hope they will do the trick.

Pictures????
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #39

Quote:
you're not thinking of something bigger are you?

Did you sleep in the new TT in your driveway yet?

I just ordered some cipa mirrors. I hope they will do the trick.

Pictures????
LOl.....nope....but when I opened her up and slid out the bed...it looked huge after being in a pup. We had to stow all the gear that I took oout of the pup....and man was there a lot....lol. We were tempted to sleep in it in the driveway.....but it is just a tad too cold yet and the weather hasn't cooperated with all the rain.....but I do love the sound of rain pitter pattering on the roof....kinda soothing. I ordered some clip on mirrors that clip on my existing mirrors from Etrailer.com and I have a tenant in one of my commercial buildings that I manage that gave me a great price for a cover so that will go on once I remove the aerial for the radio, wash and dry the trailer so that I can install the cover. I have to figure out how to post pics here on this site.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #40

Yes.. Watch out for loose shopping carts if your camping at Walmart ))

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote