Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #1

New Member from Texas

Hi -- I am a new member from Round Rock, TX. My wife and I recently retired and we purchased a 2010 Jay Feather 22Y. Even though we have had a couple of TT in the past, we never seemed to have the time to go out as much as we would have liked to. We plan to go out much more often now. I was very glad to find a forum for Jayco owners and plan to use this site often as I have found this forums to be very informative. Not being a seasoned RVer I am sure I will be able to pick up a lot of good info from those of you that have more experience. Thanks.
marvela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #2

Hi Marvela, welcome to the forum
easyryder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #3

Hi Marvela! Welcome! We are also retired and have traveled extensively with our previous smaller Casita TT. But now we have the new TT (in our signature) and are now traveling just a little nicer!!!!

We took our first long distance trip in it returning home just today. We love our Jayco. Since we picked it up a month ago, we have seen several others with a Jayco. We have asked them all what are any issues they have had with their units. All so far have had no significant problems. Good news for us too. We have spent a month in it, and the only problem we have is squeeky brakes.

Keep coming back and posting!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #4

welcome... I'm in San Antonio. We just got our Jayco 29BHS about a month ago and have had to out 3 times so far. We love it and we're looking forward to a week long trip that we will be taking in december to Waco.
Levand16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levand16 View Post
welcome... I'm in San Antonio. We just got our Jayco 29BHS about a month ago and have had to out 3 times so far. We love it and we're looking forward to a week long trip that we will be taking in december to Waco.
What do you pull your 29bhs with? What WDH do you use? How is your sway control at highway speeds? Ours was not installed properly and had some probs, then we learned that there should also be two stabilizing bars on it instead of the one because of the length (Huskey brand with the chain links). The dealer will change out this WDH to an Equalizer hitch which has a four point sway support. Hopefully it will be correctly installed this time!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #6

I have a 2002 Escalade with a 6.0L and All wheel drive. The WD and sway are reese brand. I'm not sure what the rating is but the sway is just a basic friction type. It works pretty good but I'm still trying to get it fine tuned. I don't really have any sway on the highway, last weekend we ran into some high winds and it pulled through just fine and never made me worry. If a big rig passes me I get a slight sway but nothing big.

Good luck getting it set up just right.
Levand16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Rolly Send a message via Yahoo to Rolly
Welcome to Jaycoowners Marvela

'75 Dodge Class A Motorhome AKA "The Getto" :eek:
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #8

Hi, neighbor! My wife and I are in Austin and we, too, are retired. There are great state parks in Central Texas that you will want to visit as well as parks around the rest of the state. Get a state parks pass on your first visit to a state park and receive half-price camping for four nights (when you stay a minimum of two consecutive nights at the same park). If you or your spouse are at least 62, get a Senior Pass from the National Park Service for $10 when you visit a National Park (such as Big Bend) and get park admission free at all national parks for the pass holder and everyone in the vehicle with the pass holder. The Senior Pass also entitles you to reduced camping fees at all national park campgrounds except those run by consessionaires.

If you plan to camp in one spot for several days you will want to get a waste hauler ASAP--that way you can empty your holding tanks into the waste hauler and take the hauler to the dump station rather than having to tow your trailer to the dump station during an extended stay.

Best wishes for great camping.
Texas Sam is offline   Reply With Quote