Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #1

New Member in SW MO

Just a quick intro and recount of this camping season.
Married with 3 boys ages 6, 4, and 17 months. Have always enjoyed tent camping and did so the previous years taking our boys as young as 4 months old. This year decided to get a pop-up. Have been family friends with RV dealer for years so they gave us a great deal on a Jayco 1206. Camped one time and owned it for a total of 22 days before trading in for a Jayco 19H. Great thing is dealer gave 100% of cash back on purchase towards new unit. Then used the 19H this season about 9 times. As wife and I discussed long term plans of camping and our boys (even future children we knew the 19H would not support us long term. On a whim called the dealer and started talking shop. Had 2010 units they were closing out but after walking through them decided they didn't have exactly what we wanted (I told the wife this one had to last us at least 6 months . Actually we wanted something that would last us the next 10 years at least. So after much deliberation we settled on a 2011 314BHD. YEAH!
So here we are, awaiting the arrival of our new TT. Comes off the line Sept 30th and hoping arrival and prep to be ready by Oct. 5th. We've absolutely fallen in love with camping and think it is one of the best things a family can do to build relationships and stay close. I know many of you share the same passion.
Looking forward to discussions and answers to many future questions as we get into a bigger TT. Get out there and enjoy it.
Jon Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #2

You are creating some really neat memories for your kids! Congrats not only on your new Jayco(s), but that you are able to camp so much now a days with such a young family. Good for you! Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Jon!!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #3

Jon, I think you broke the record for trading up in a hurry! Welcome to the forum, lots of good folks here to share your stories with. Congrats on all your new travel trailers! Post up some pics when you can... we love pics!

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #4

Thank you for the welcome healthi and hondopatrick! I see you have BH models as well! We fell in love with the familiar BH floorplan.
As far as pics go...... my wife is a professional children and family photographer, so I'll try my best to do***ent our journeys on here.
Our boys favorite activities are bike riding, geocaching and baseball. All PERFECT for most campgrounds around here.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #5

Welcome Jon !

First off you could be labeled certifiably insane for having 3 boys under the age of 6. Since I come from a family of 7 (5 boys-2 girls) I have no room to talk !!

The family unit bonding is exactly the reason we are now part of the growing RV addicted.
My son (13) is Autistic, and has fallen in Luv with our camper and the camp resort we are parked at.
Camping/Fishing/Swimming/Cart rides around the lake/All his favorite meals .....I was in dire need to find something we could all "tap" on, and Camping was the answer!!

Happy Trails my friend !!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum Jon.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Welcome Jon !

First off you could be labeled certifiably insane for having 3 boys under the age of 6.

Yes, and we are thinking about more! (my wife held a newborn the other day and smelled him, that'll get her everytime, plus I'd love to have a princess in the family to go with our queen)
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Welcome Jon !

First off you could be labeled certifiably insane for having 3 boys under the age of 6. Since I come from a family of 7 (5 boys-2 girls) I have no room to talk !!

My son (13) is Autistic, and has fallen in Luv with our camper and the camp resort we are parked at.
Camping/Fishing/Swimming/Cart rides around the lake/All his favorite meals .....I was in dire need to find something we could all "tap" on, and Camping was the answer!!

!!
YUP! Insanity.... my daughter just had her 4th Dec 28th. but what you said about a prefered cg... my grandkids fell in love with this cg close to our dealer. They can ride their bikes for 20 min before they get back to the site. Swimming, fishing, hay/train rides, pool table, etc. No real tourism, but they love it. Amazing what can make you return to a campground! No matter... camping rules!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote