Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #21

Neil,

Sorry to hear the dealer tried that crap!!!! We actually went through a local credit union as they had the best interest rate. And what is scary is it sounds like either the price of the 26 wasn't that great, they were gouging you on the interest rate, or a combination of the two. We financed our 32 for 6yrs at 2.5%, and put $5k down if I remember correctly. Our payment is ~$350/month, and actually pay $400/month, so it will probably be paid off within 4yrs or so. Call some credit unions near you and see what is available. Though maybe the interest rates have gone up some since we bought 2yrs ago (July '15).

Do you remember what the price of the 26 was, before tax, title, license? And where are you located as the further from the factory, the higher the delivery charge can be.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:34 AM   #22

New member. New everything.

Neil, go on RVONE website and get an online quote. They do it all be email and you don't have to talk to anyone on the phone. That will give you an idea of what kind of price you should expect. I did that just to get an idea and found no dealers I contacted could beat their price in my situation.

http://www.rvdirect.com/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgLSc_D_BwE

I bought my last camper from them and so did a family member. They have a few dealers around if you decide to buy. I financed through them as their rate through Bank of America was under 3%.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Neil,

Sorry to hear the dealer tried that crap!!!! We actually went through a local credit union as they had the best interest rate. And what is scary is it sounds like either the price of the 26 wasn't that great, they were gouging you on the interest rate, or a combination of the two. We financed our 32 for 6yrs at 2.5%, and put $5k down if I remember correctly. Our payment is ~$350/month, and actually pay $400/month, so it will probably be paid off within 4yrs or so. Call some credit unions near you and see what is available. Though maybe the interest rates have gone up some since we bought 2yrs ago (July '15).

Do you remember what the price of the 26 was, before tax, title, license? And where are you located as the further from the factory, the higher the delivery charge can be.
+1, leave it to Camping World, right?

I'll also +1 on Credit Unions. I've used them on my past three financing deals (two trucks and a trailer). Rates have gone up a little since I used them last, but they're still not bad. DW and I both have excellent credit, so I can pretty much count on the lowest advertised rate in most cases, and we always pay off early. With my first truck, the dealership didn't even try to beat the CU, with the trailer, the dealership was able to beat the CU, so I went with them, with the second truck, the dealership beat the CU again, so I went with them. With the trailer, I knew what rate I could get, with the 2nd truck, I had a "buyer's check" in hand from the CU. If they want the spoof on the financing, they'll beat whatever rate you walk in with.

In your case, it sounds like they didn't want it bad enough. 10% D/E is pretty darn good IMO, and IIRC, credit score in excess of 720 is "excellent"?

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Neil,

We had agreed on a price of $18k. Tax, title, license, WD hitch included.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
neil0215.ns is offline   Reply With Quote