Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #1

New Owner from Georgia

Hello, hello! I am so excited about the purchase of my new camper the 2013 White Hawk 30DSRE. This is an upgrade for us from our 1998 Sportsmen KZ2503 25ft Travel Trailer and our first camper with slide outs, a fireplace and an island in the kitchen. Who knew they could be so nice??? Our Sportsmen was used when we bought it in 2010 as an upgrade from a Pop-Up and we never really learned how to use the propane system and had a few leaks in the water system so we never really got to use it like I wanted to. To be honest, other than using it at work, we have not been camping at all this year. I am so excited that I will have a camper where everything works like it should.

They are installing the covers over the slide outs and will have it ready for pick up on Friday. I can't wait! I already plan to video them showing us how to do EVERYTHING on it so I will be able to go back as needed and watch anything I may have forgotten (since my memory seems to fade more and more with each passing year).

Our first camping trip is schedule for November 8th with our friends from church that we talked into upgrading their camper from a Pop-Up as well to a travel trailer. I am looking forward to tons of trips now and even want to take it and stay in it when we go home to visit my family at Christmas.

Youtube is amazing when you want to learn how to do anything. I have been watching and learning as much as I can since yesterday but is there any helpful tips I should know?
Attached Thumbnails
NV319099_0.jpg   VP3456054_1_large.jpg   VP3456054_6_large.jpg   VP3456054_11_large.jpg  
crabbypeach313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new Travel Trailer and I love the interior with the fireplace and all. As the temps turn cooler in GA this will be nice to sit inside and enjoy. As for learning things do not worry as this forum is great about helping with questions you may have. What part of GA are you located? We are in the NW corner just below Chattanooga TN. Enjoy!
weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #3

Congratulations, I'm sitting here in my 30dsre right now with the fireplace keeping me toasty warm. Ours is a 2014.

We found out on our PDI that the awning, when 100% extended, will touch the kitchen slideout. We plan to use a couple of pieces from a pool noodles alomg the top edge to keep our awning from rubbing on the slideout. I also could not imagine how you have enough space for a slide topper on this side as the clearance is very minimal. Be sure to let me know how it goes.

Once you accept delivery, contact Jayco with your vin# so they can send you a printed owners manual. It will not be with the trailer for some odd reason. Found out that there is a control panel for the kitchen slide behind the panel under the stove. This is for emergency use only if the Schwintek slide fails to operate. The other slide manual control is accessed under the trailer should a slide failure occur. I have had no problems with slides but want to be prepared as this is our first trailer with slide outs too.

Upgrades we have done thus far - added struts to all 7 of our swing-up cabinet doors, added high-rise faucet in bathroom (OEM one was too close to the sink bowl to use), relaced all interior lights with LEDs to save on power, added on/off valbe to shower head, EPM total power management surge protector, battery cutoff switch, added shelves to each bedroom wardrobe closets, added locking steel sttaps to both battery boxes, replaced original RCA cables from stereo to TV (OEM one was very cheap quality), added BluRay player to take full advantage of HDMI TV, added Winegard Wingman to OEM antenna to improve HD reception, TV/DVD combo player to bedroom, and a few other things.

Only items needing warranty work was a leaking shower door seal, smudged walpaper boarder, scrapped tire fender flare and a TV with a pixel going out in middle of the screen.

We love this TT, tows easy with our 1/2 ton 2000 Chevy Silverado and we have storage room to spare. Havent even put anything under the bed yet.

Please stay in touch and be sure to look up other 30dsre owners here.

Blessings, Pastor St. John
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I love that open floor plan.
I also like the idea of a couple recliners :-)
That's luxury for sure.

Happy camping and congratulations

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I love that open floor plan.
I also like the idea of a couple recliners :-)
That's luxury for sure.

Happy camping and congratulations

Doug
Doug, you & I need a forum 12 step program...lol
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote