Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2016, 06:12 AM   #1

New owners 31U

Hello from NY, We purchase our new 31u last July only had it for 14 days total. its been in the shop since with multiple issue's. Jayco just returned it to us on Tuesday and i see that i still have issue's with a bunch of things. hope to get these resolved so we can start using this coach. Hope it gets better........
Peppyny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!! Sorry about the issues..

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

I have not had any issues with Jayco, they have been great on all the things that needed to be cared for (front cap - GelCoat removed and painted). If you happen to have a lawyer friend or a family lawyer, have them type up a letter indicating all the items that were originally reported and the items that are still not corrected. Tell the lawyer how long they had it and that you feel that Jayco should reimburse you for all the time that they had the coach and maybe that you want them to replace it with a new one. If you have a loan out against the coach, indicate that you would like to be reimbursed for that since you have been unable to use the product due to production issues.

Are they fixing the items at the plant in Indiana or at a local authorized Jayco service center?

That may get them going and make the final fixes properly.

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #3

Hi and thanks for the suggestion, the dealers mechanics said that the wiring was a fire hazard. Problems with the black tank, A/C, front end, batteries, power inverter, radio, leaking compartments, TV's door step, level system only to mention A few things. JAYCO went to the dealer picked it up in Nov 2015 just dropped it off on Tuesday. There are still a bunch of things still not repaired. I've been paying for this since July only had it 14 days total. I'm really disappointed.
Peppyny1 is offline   Reply With Quote