Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #1

New Precept Owner

Hi. I'm Chuck. This Saturday my wife and I are taking delivery on our new 2015 Jayco Precept 31UL. We considered the River Forest RV3 30DS as an option but opted for the Precept. It is better appointed and an upgrade in quality of workmanship and ride. We test drove the Precept tonight. I was impressed with the ride and stability. One thing that really bothered me though, was the wind noise at the top of the windshield. I told my dealership that they need to try to do something about it before we pick it up Saturday. I am enjoying reading your comments in the forum and I hope to be involved with you all.
chuckandcindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to JOF

I'm sure some MH members will chime in respect to wind noise..., but you may want to post the question (little more detail; frequency, speed, etc.) over in the "Jayco Motorhomes" forum as well.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #3

Precept narrow opening

We are looking to buy 1st mh. Precept 31ul is top of list.
The only real negative I see is the narrow gap between sofa and dinette when slides in. Seems most of you only have 2 adults. Anyone traveling with
3 to 4 adults and whether the is uncomfortable when traveling

Any other comments before we buy chime in. Thanks so much.

Mike
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:38 AM   #4

Mike
We have only taken one very short trip so far in our 31UL with no additional passengers. You're right about the tight squeeze. You've looked at other models. Do they have more space? The main issue is for whoever is sitting on the sofa. They won't have much keg room. My biggest complaint is I can't get comfortable in the captain chairs. They don't have any lumbar support. We have to use lumbar cushions. Overall though, we're happy with ours. Jayco makes a quality product. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Chuck
Old 03-03-2015, 06:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arniesports60 View Post
We are looking to buy 1st mh. Precept 31ul is top of list.
The only real negative I see is the narrow gap between sofa and dinette when slides in. Seems most of you only have 2 adults. Anyone traveling with
3 to 4 adults and whether the is uncomfortable when traveling

Any other comments before we buy chime in. Thanks so much.

Mike
We have the 35UP and really like the extra storage vs. the 31ul.
The heavier frame makes for a better drive as well. Still not a lot of room to walk between the couch and dinette, but really how much walking around do you do while you drive; right?
Couch is much bigger in the 35UP as well.
Be sure to join the Precept Owners Group where we work out our issues together: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #6

Space when slides in

Thanks joe and chuck for comments on the tight space between sofa and dinette. Yes, there wouldn't be much walking around when driving. My concern is will any passengers in sofa, which you would think is more comfortable than sitting in booth, have no leg room. Thus, and one there is annoyed.
We are looking at windsport 31s and 32n. They have ,pre space , maybe another foot or so, to make it less claustrophobic ...
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #7

Congrats !!!!!��
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arniesports60 View Post
Thanks joe and chuck for comments on the tight space between sofa and dinette. Yes, there wouldn't be much walking around when driving. My concern is will any passengers in sofa, which you would think is more comfortable than sitting in booth, have no leg room. Thus, and one there is annoyed.
We are looking at windsport 31s and 32n. They have ,pre space , maybe another foot or so, to make it less claustrophobic ...
I was in the dealership ready to order my 31UL, but first I wanted to see how the overhead bunk functioned. They walked me into the only Jayco on their lot that had one; a 35UP that had just arrived. It was a floor plan that I didn't know existed, and in my opinion, was a 31UL on steroids. Same up front living area without opposing slides but a much larger sofa, bigger kitchen, larger frame and lots and lots more storage.
Walked in ready to buy the 31 and left with the 35...my lucky day...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote