Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #11
New to RV Travel Trailers too. Have a question on LED bulbs for my Swift 15RBH

I recently purchased a Jay Swift SLX 15RBH Baja edition for my wife and I. We too installed a solar panel (100 watt) as we plan to go down allot of dirt roads and camp off the grid on occasion. I purchased some LED bulbs from Camping World which were compatible replacements for the standard bulbs that came with the trailer (921 I think), but I couldn't get them into the socket. I was pushing so hard I was worried I'd break the plastic socket.

Anyone find an LED bulb that fits the Jayco light fixtures?

BaseCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #12
Hi Junkers12
Welcome to the Jayco group. It's nice to see a new owner who has put as much thought into their trailer as you have. We were the same way when we bought.. although we only boondock for one night at a time, so the only thing we really needed to do was invest in a rechargable CPAP machine for sleep apnea for my husband (which we have) because we can't risk that shutting down. I am interested in being able to boondock for longer periods in the future.. so I am interested to hear about how long your system lasts. Below my signature is a link to a tour of my camper. Get your wife to take a look.. their is lots of inspiration for decor and nick-nacs there. Happy Camping to you!

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #13
Thank you all for the warm welcome, and for the helpful advise which is greatly appreciated. We are very excited especially my wife and kids. She is already planning our summer camping.
Junkers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:28 AM   #14
( We took them camping last year in Drumheller and it rained so hard and we were in our tent, my wife could not sleep due to the thunder and lightning being right on top of us. My boys and I were sound asleep. That was the last tent trip for my wife she wanted a trailer for this year so she got one! )

I had a good laugh...Drumheller was the last time I tented with my wife as well for similar reason. It started with bears in Nelson, and then the weather in Drumheller.
2008 Jayco Jay Feather Sport Ultra Lite 197
2005 Dodge Durango V8
3firetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Junkers12 View Post
I am also going to change all of the interior light bulbs to LED bulbs so I don't use so much power with the lights.
Since we have similar campers and challenges - I'll throw in my continuing endorsement for the 48 SMD LED Panels. Following is a link to my testing results....

They come in a "warm" spectrum, and are very close to the output of the 921 Bulb, and have less side dispersion (which I find a benefit in low ceiling compact space) and are economical.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
Just picked up our new trailer today. My oldest is so excited to sleep in it but he can't because I want to get alot of work done tonight so maybe tomorrow night he can. Some of the adhesive release agents are potent. I have to get all the warning stickers off of the top of the range hood and all of the other little things like getting rid of the scotch locks. My wife bought an Ice maker already. I hardly noticed the trailer behind my truck.
Junkers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #17
Welcome to the site
I know the feeling...

2014 Jay Flight Swift 294 BHS
2012 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote