Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #1

New to the forum, just introducing myself.

Hello all, getting a new jayco (long story) tomorrow it's a different model then we had before so thought I would join this site to learn all I can about it. First off though new to the forum not to camping and jayco tt. We had a 2008 eagle 322fks since late 2008. Love this trailer, it's just me and the wife so king bed and large shower was awesome. Anyways a few things that I had done to the trailer are I moved the spare tire from rear bumper to the front under the batteries, I did this to make room for 2 more batteries that ran the inverter I installed. I ended up buying a xantrex 1800 with built in switch and hard wire capable. I ended up wiring straight into the end of the power cord of the trailer. That way when it was on it would power the hole trailer. My wife said I was wasting time and money when I did it, lol after words she loved it. Only problem I had with this install/setup I had to add a switch at the front by the control center to turn the converter off in the trailer. Other wise the inverter would come up with a code. Add an outside water spout to water the dogs by the main door entrance. Anyways our trailer came with 48 or 50 gallons of water. Witch is good, but I always take my quad when we camp and need to take showers all the time so I went and got and 50 gallon holding tank, went to Walmart and got a 12volt water pump and wired it to a 7 pin trailer plug so I could just plug it into the back of the truck and with a hose could add water to the trailer. I also added and electric tongue jack ours didn't come with on. But anyways me and my wife loved our trailer, we started camping this year everything was great. Coming up on a weekend we took our trailer to a camp ground down by the river. This was Thursday, was coming back Friday evening. Ended up the weather was drizzling rain so we stayed home till Saturday around noon. Ended up this is what I saw when I pulled up to the camp site.

Needless to say I was a little shocked. Ended up this site was the ONLY one that flooded, go figure. At this point the water had not got the inside yet and even better news the water was going down. So here's the problem, the tongue is 3.5 feet in the air. The ground slops down to the front of the trailer, so if I take my truck in and hook up I will have to lower it into the water (not good). Plus where we are parked there isn't any gravel back there, just grass and mud. And there pretty good slop at the front of the trailer so could lose the truck too. So we wait. At about 9pm I noticed the water coming back up. There letting water out at the **** up river, witch they usually do at this time. Anyways later at 3 or 4 am I notice the water is higher then it's ever been, I'm sleeping in my truck at the site entrance. The next morning is when the bad news comes, here's some pics.

So after the water got inside we got out our insurance and called the insurance office, found out that we were covered and also they told us to leave it until safe to retrieve it. Said wasn't worth losing a truck too. So ended up coming back like a week later and dragging it out with my truck and my father-inlaws truck tied to mine with about 75 foot of tow rode. So we find out that jayco isn't making our model anymore and my wife just freaks. We go to the dealer and they have one left. We both thinking great and we go to look at it and it's there show room model. Witch means for more the 7 months heards of people have been going though it. The carpet is almost as flat as the rest of the flood. Plus you could see though it in places. So we looked at a few different models before going into the 322 because there we just moving it out of the show room. Ended up going into a 330rlts we both desided on the drive home that we wanted to switch models and go with the 330 because they had 3 available and pick the one that had not had anyone in it lol. Reason being we are very picking out our trailer, the 322 was our first trailer so we didn't have a trade in and we spent a lot of money for it. So we want to protect our investment plus enjoy it at the same time if that makes since. Anyways sorry so long, I'll try to keep all my other post shorter lol.
Unclewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Unclewill,

First, welcome to the Jayco forums, but sorry it's under the present circumstances. Secondly...., WOW, not a pretty sight at all to come back to. I hope the insurance company makes things right for you.

The 330RLTS that you are considering is a great floorplan, would love to have one.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #3

Rustic Eagle the insurance company has been great. They explained what was covered and what wasn't right up front. The generator was locked to the front slide. In this pic you can just see it floating like a fishing bobber.

It was a champion 3000watt run 4000watt peak. We got it a few weeks after the trailer. Insurance covered it and few other items we lost and cost of new trailer. So we can't complain about our insurance at all. We already have new generator, same thing except the new one has electric start. We are both excited about the new trail and all the new fechers it offers, like 4 outside storage compartments compared to just one on the 322. I'm going to spend most my time camping looking for things in all the storage it as lol.
Unclewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #4

Welcome to the JOF UncleWill! Glad you could find us. Let us know how all wind up
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #5

Welcome UncleWill. Incredible story. Glad it is all working out. The time on the mods you did is valuable, can't get that back. Now you can have fun and upgrade your new TT. Makes me overlooking that the campground on last trip didn't have water hook-ups seem like a dream. I probably would have freaked out. Post pics of the new TT when you get a chance and welcome to the JOF!
Equal-izer 6K
Campin' Muds is offline   Reply With Quote