Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #1

new to the forum NEED HELP

so i have been looking at these 2 brands

the forest river Rpod 2015 179 ($14,995)

2015 Forest River R-pod 179 - Camping World - MES1403078

this is in great shape, and used ones are very hard to find. I have only seen 2 in the 1 year or more i have been looking. Biggest negative is the bathroom inside the shower.

the starcraft satellite 17rb 2017 ($15,500)

I like the star craft because of the full bathroom, big storage areas, WIFI upgrade, and not to mention the 2 year warranty. Also it is brand new

these are the 2 TT i am looking at very hard. I just dont want to make a bad choice, and regret my purchase. I really would love some feedback on either of these 2 trailers. I want to purchase this week if possible. To me, both seem to be the same exact trailer, except the starcraft is brand new and has a full shower. why is it so cheap new? not built as well? fall apart quicker than the rpod? i would be buying a extended warranty with both anyway. i am pulling with a 2007 titan Nissan so that is no problem either way. is there something i am missing?

input would be awesome thank you!
bigjewpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #2

We owned a 2013 R-Pod 177 Hood River Edition and loved it. However, the wet shower and the bed situation (climbing over each other) drove us to purchase something not much larger but with a full bath. The quality of the R-Pod was excellent (our son bought it from us 5 years ago and it's still going strong). It really depends on what you'll be doing with it. We were retiring and knew we wanted to travel a lot. We had owned it for just a year when we took a 52-day trip to the east coast and decided we needed to switch, although we had a great time (the two of us and our 55 lb dog). Look carefully at storage. We had to be very creative when it came to storage solutions in the Pod. As you can see from our signature, we've had a few experiences with different campers over the years! We owned our Shasta for 22 years but all the rest were trial and error (trial and error gets expensive - depreciation is a killer, even in one year). Happy shopping.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #3

Visit Starcraft RV Owners Forum - Homepage. Very few complaints about build quality. Starcraft units usually offer a little more for the same money. They also come with a 2 year warranty. Good luck with whichever you choose!