Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #1

Newbie from Western Connecticut

Greetings! We just bought a Flight XLS 154BH from a dealer in Southern NJ and are picking it up on Saturday. I cant wait!
Excited and nervous at the same time. Its my first travel trailer and I've been watching videos on Youtube to learn about the tanks and maintenance.

We cant wait to customize it. In fact, our guest room is filled with stuff! Mattress pads, pillows, kitchen supplies, new Keruig mini coffee maker
I had and old 15" flat screen which I am going to use. Cant decide if I am going to attach it to the wall, or just store it when we are on the road.
MY mind is going to mile a minute and I cant wait to have the thing in my driveway!

Glad to be here and looking forward to being a regular on this forum.

ScooterDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #2

Congrats and welcome to the group, I remember the shopping trips while we waited for our brand new trailer to arrive, I can remember my mind racing about every last thing... Good luck, make sure to post lots of pics.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #3

Newbie from Western Connecticut

Welcome and congrats on the new trailer. Be sure and secure the tv while traveling, don't want to open the door on arrival and find the tv has been sliding around. Don't ask me how i know!!!! Lol
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the user friendly Jayco Owners forum! Our members just love to answer questions or help out other members when possible and have fun sharing their experiences . They also love pictures of your RV, tow vehicles, and campsites!! So do not hesitate to post pics of your Jayco in the "Pics of your Jayco forum" and pics of your tow vehicle in the "Tow Vehicle forum".

Feel free to participate in our many fun polls (first thread in New Members forum has them all listed, second thread has more new member welcoming info). Post often, have fun with the forum, and enjoy your Jayco!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsuduke View Post
Congrats and welcome to the group, I remember the shopping trips while we waited for our brand new trailer to arrive, I can remember my mind racing about every last thing...
Tell me about it. I went to Amazon and ordered a DVR/Bluray player with WiFi so if Wifi is available we can watch Netflix or whatever. Then I realized we might not always have WiFi and being a geek I need my toys, so I bought a Netzero 4G hotspot so we can connect the DVR, Tablets, laptops, etc. .
Old 03-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #6

Enjoy and have fun

L
firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #7

I have to pick up my new travel trailer tomorrow and it won't stop snowing! 10" so far.. I better start digging out a spot
Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #8

Scooter, most of our snow is gone now. hopefully that will be it in Atlantic Canada

L
firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #9

Hello, from Bend, OR. Our new 2013 154BH has been stored since January. Central Oregon is a high desert so we're waiting for some thaw to pick it up and start the test runs. Glacier Natl Park trip in late June/early July.
We also picked up a small tv. I thought originally I'd attach it to the wall, but it seems pretty flimsy. 1/4" plywood? Don't think it could handle much especially if it is bouncing. I may just store it under the bench seat cushioned by blanket or comforter.
You can search "154bh" in the forums search and come up with other owners and ideas.
houdini101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #10

Hi ScooterDiva, I too just purchased a 154bh and spending lots of time anxiously awaiting delivery. Waiting until Apr 27 to take delivery. Lot's o' snow here in Saskatchewan, Canada. Enjoy your new trailer.
TommyOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #11

Welcome to the JOF ScooterDiva! We also like to stay connected and have a 'hotspot' for our smartphone. Hope all went well with picking up your tt yesterday. Congrats
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterDiva View Post
Greetings! We just bought a Flight XLS 154BH from a dealer in Southern NJ and are picking it up on Saturday. I cant wait!
Excited and nervous at the same time. Its my first travel trailer and I've been watching videos on Youtube to learn about the tanks and maintenance.

We cant wait to customize it. In fact, our guest room is filled with stuff! Mattress pads, pillows, kitchen supplies, new Keruig mini coffee maker
I had and old 15" flat screen which I am going to use. Cant decide if I am going to attach it to the wall, or just store it when we are on the road.
MY mind is going to mile a minute and I cant wait to have the thing in my driveway!

Glad to be here and looking forward to being a regular on this forum.

Welcome aboard fellow Nutmegger.

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #13

Well, we made it back to Connecticut in one piece. The dealer was in southern Jersey and we took the Turnpike down there. But wanted the trip home to be nice, quiet and uneventful, so we took the Garden State Parkway home. In the process, avoiding the George Washington Bridge craziness by taking the Tappan Zee Bridge.

Our new TT is now sitting in the driveway all safe and sound. Spent most the day yesterday setting the the kitchen, adding memory foam mattresses, etc.
Didn't sleep in Camp Driveway but I did have a nice long nap in one of the bunks with the dogs
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #14

Denise is offline   Reply With Quote