Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #1

Cool Nice to meet you all, nice to be a member of this site!

Hello there!
We had a 23 ft front garage travel trailer and traded almost even up for a JayFlight 28BHS. We absolutely love it. Can anyone tell me of any problems to watch out for?? I hope not, but you never know. It was only used for 4 mos before we bought it and the original owner decided on a MH instead. Our floor is squeaky in front of the frig and in the hall going back toward the bunk/vanity sink area. it does not seem to be spongy nor is it wet. We bought in FL and stayed 2 months. We are from PA and since back after 2 months it is not as squeaky. Any ideas?? Also, our microwave hums very loudly prior to starting up. Both these problem are under warranty, just checking to see if anyone else experienced anything like either of these 2 problems.
One more thing. regarding the pass through storage in the front, there are areas that are open to the bed area that mattress/and sheets are able to be seen, of course b/c the bed is a lift up for storage. Is there a way to seal that and still be able to lift up the bed?? I am one of those that are afraid of bugs and I freak out! haha Of course, I spray well with Ortho Max Defense inside and out of any camper we have had as well as our home. That along with the small door open to storage under the lower double bed bunk area, has anyone experienced any problems with water or insects in that area? Again, I am the odd man out and prefer pests and insects do not enter. Yes, we use spray and roach trap when in FL along with the Ortho as well as moth balls for mice. Any ideas or thoughts on this??
We LOVE the layout of the 28BHS and am hoping for some others to share their thoughts on this unit! Thanks a lot.
nur.msf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome,
Pull up a seat and make yourself at home.
Some good folks here. Posts some pics of your rig when you get a chance.

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #3

Sometimes there isn't much you can do. We end up at Lakewood in Myrtle Beach every year for a mini family get together and my OFF-ROAD POPUP seems to attract the real small sand ants. They are everywhere there... You sit a coke can on the picnic table and in just a few minutes the can starts walking away haha... Have tried everything and the Seven dust around the wheels seems to work the best for us.

All of our travels most often includes the Smoky Mtn camp at ELKMONT on the return trip so this is the place we get to air out the trailer and debug it haha. No telling how many NEW small ant colonies we have transported from SC to the TN mtns haha...

Welcome aboard - someone will dime in and have some good answers for your problems you listed...

I noticed Mr Doug sounded nice and cheerful this morning - He is camping along a nice mtn stream in SEDONA AZ for a few more days before getting on the big road again still heading West. Guess he hasn't run into a Cougar mountain Cat yet...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #4

Nice to meet you all, nice to be a member of this site!

Welcome to the forum.
You may try a product called Demon w/p it comes in a bag of i think 6 packets you mix it in a bug sprayer. I have been using it for years and it works great on everything from ants to spiders to ****roaches. It leaves a white film when dried that lasts for months. You can find it at hardware stores or feed stores. I started using it around my boat dock for spiders and then everything else.
Hope this helps
Robert
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
Site Team

Had ours going on four years now and no major issues, and very few minor ones. The floor squeaks come and go, nothing to worry about. Great little bunkhouse trailer......BTW never had any bugs come up from the pass through storage and get me so don`t sweat that!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote