Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungh0 View Post
One more question... I see you are towing with a Tundra. I'm thinking about going that direction, too since they are available with a 38 gal fuel tank. What kind of mileage do you get when towing? I know it won't be great, but I want to know what kind of range to expect. Right now my tow vehicle is a 6.0L Chevy (gas) and I can only tow a max of 200 miles before I'm sucking fumes. Is your Tundra the 5.7L?
Slow checking in again. Sorry about that.

Mine's the 4.7 and the smaller tank. It does a good job towing most of the time, and struggles in a headwind. It's still not broken in good. I wish I'd studied up on the tank size issue prior to buying, mine's the smaller tank. I'm already looking at the Transfer Flow 49g, about $2200 installed.
The guys that have done it say it's worth it. I don't know how much more the bigger tank would have added to the price.
Deeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
Welcome aboard from Northern Neck Virginia...
Hey Roy.
I'm KE5EXE, not real active, but I enjoy it when I can talk to my FIL, W5DXT up in Muleshoe.
I've done a good bit of genealogy work, and my family, Newsom, had a farm called Rich Neck, I don't think it's too far from you. Newsoms, VA, is a part of the family history. I really want to come and visit the area and see where our roots are. They migrated through Tennessee, to Arkansas, and then Texas.

The front bunk area is great for when we haul the grandsons around, but mostly we use it for storage.
Deeger is offline   Reply With Quote