Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #1

Now (finally) it's official! It's an Eagle 330RSTS!

Been lurking around here for months now in anticipation of our ordering a new Jayco. Little did I know it was so difficult in becoming a Jayco owner!

Our journey started in January at the Tampa RV show where we had what we thought was a pretty good deal on a 2016 Eagle 330RSTS. When we contacted our local dealer to get some trade in info on our current trailer, they promised that if we waited until we got home that they would beat any deal we got in Florida, so we waited. Then when we got home in March and was ready to again pull the trigger on a 2016, that the dealer basically matched the Florida offer on, we found out about the 2017 changes and decided to order instead of buying off the lot because the DW wants a residential refrigerator. Little did I know how much grief this one option was going to cause us going forward.

The next few months were back and forth with our local dealer trying to nail down options and pricing and when I finally was able to get a quote out of them, I guess I ticked them off by playing "hardball" in trying to get a better deal. The end result was their basically telling me to "take a hike" by pulling their previous offer and basically refusing to deal with me at all anymore. At that point, I was tired and was seriously considering just waiting another year and see where things went then. But I decided to give it one more try and sent inquiries out to a half dozen other dealerships in our area to see what might come about.

A couple of weeks went by, sporadic emails back and forth, THEN IT HAPPENED! We were quoted an even better deal than any of the previous ones, including the one our local dealer pulled. Obviously, we took it immediately! "When one door closes.........."

So after much trial and tribulation, we are now eagerly anticipating the arrival of our "newborn" and everything it brings. It's been a long road getting to this point. So hopefully it will all be worth it when we are relaxing in the Florida sun this next winter with our brand new Jayco Eagle.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #2

Congratulations!!!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #4

Congrats! I see you're in Lansing. One thing you have to be aware of is after purchase service. Some dealers are absolutely horrid, while others are acceptable. Which dealer did you end up going with?

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
Congrats! I see you're in Lansing. One thing you have to be aware of is after purchase service. Some dealers are absolutely horrid, while others are acceptable. Which dealer did you end up going with?
We ended up buying from Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids. We bought our current trailer from Gillette Interstate RV but sadly, and after months of negotiations, they pulled their offer at the last minute which ended up working out better for us anyway. We have always been on good terms with the service manager and staff at Gillette. They have been great every time we have needed service and I would still recommend them. Hopefully, they will continue with that going forward even though we didn't end up purchasing from them.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:26 AM   #6

Patience is indeed a virtue! Congrats and enjoy.
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #7

Newbee

Congratulations ! Have fun with the new rig!
RDEBREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
So after much trial and tribulation, we are now eagerly anticipating the arrival of our "newborn" and everything it brings. It's been a long road getting to this point. So hopefully it will all be worth it when we are relaxing in the Florida sun this next winter with our brand new Jayco Eagle.
Congrats, I'm sure you're a proud "Papa"!!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
We ended up buying from Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids. We bought our current trailer from Gillette Interstate RV but sadly, and after months of negotiations, they pulled their offer at the last minute which ended up working out better for us anyway. We have always been on good terms with the service manager and staff at Gillette. They have been great every time we have needed service and I would still recommend them. Hopefully, they will continue with that going forward even though we didn't end up purchasing from them.
This is where I bought mine from I just dropped it off yesterday to have 2 small warranty issues taken care of and we are having slide toppers installed. They told me I should have it back before this weekend I am keeping my fingers crossed. So far I haven't had any issues with terrytown
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel
Camping_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping_J View Post
So far I haven't had any issues with terrytown
Good to know. Thanks!