Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #1

Our New Shed on Wheels!

Hello Everyone, we just picked up our New 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 145RB Baja Edition. Finished our first shake down trip this past weekend and loved it. It's our first trailer so I was freaking out that I would screw something up or kill everyone on the road, but thanks to so many helpful threads on this forum it was pretty painless. The great information on this thread kept me from many bone head mistakes (I love that thread, and will most likely be adding to it soon!)

We went with a small trailer because we go pretty remote on some of our adventures and needed a trailer we could get out into the boonies with us! Don't see to many others with the 14rb on here would love to here how others are liking them who have been using them for a while, and any mods for living in such a small space. here are some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
pic_01.jpg   pic_04.JPG   pic_05.jpg   pic_06.jpg   pic_07.jpg  

pic_03.JPG   pic_02.JPG  
Mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #2

Congrats on the new Jayco! Love the pics too. I could never hang off the side of a cliff like you do, but I love the view. High places and me don't mix Have fun with your new trailer.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #3

Congratulations! There's a lot to be said in having a smaller trailer that you can take along when you go to the place you want to be.

Although you wouldn't catch me within 6 feet of the edge of where you are climbing. My sphincter gets real tight just looking at some of your photos.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:34 PM   #4

Our new shed on wheels

Congrats on your new Jayco. We are pretty new too and the information and helpfulness on this forum are remarkable.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #5

Congrats and welcome!

I miss my smaller camper for many of the reasons you decided to get one. I own some property south of here that I could get a camper your size in, but NO WAY, would my current one make the trip in one piece. And it sure beats a tent!
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
We went with a small trailer because we go pretty remote on some of our adventures and needed a trailer we could get out into the boonies with us!

Size does not matter when you are outside doing what you enjoy doing! Congrats and enjoy
Old 01-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #7

Sweet Trailer, Love the baja edition. I had a starcraft RT11 pop up that had the off road package, loved it but it was time to move on to a TT. We also just picked up a new small trailer, the 212QBW, Its a little bigger than yours but still on the small side. We also spend most of our time outside so we did not need a hotel on wheels. Best of luck with the new Rig.
Kampfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #8

Congratulations and welcome to the group!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:13 AM   #9

We have the 2014 version of the 145rb. Things to watch for:
I decided to do an almost complete re-wire of the spaghetti of 12vdc and 120vac
wiring in the space where the on-board water tank is located. The system worked fine but I was totally dissatisfied with the lack of factory wire management in the electric/water compartment.
After a 40 mile trip, 10 of which was mild off-roading, I needed to re-staple the paneling and wood frame work supporting the on-board storage compartment to inside left of the entry door. After the previously mentioned off-road trip I also had to remove and re-install one of the windows which slid down in its opening creating a 1 inch gap between siding and window frame. The early 145rb bajas came without any mounting frame work for the larger supplied LP gas tank (just 2 bolts), so I needed to fabricate a support for the tank. We live in the AZ desert so UV rays from the sun are a factor. I don't use a fabric TT cover, but do cover the plastic sky lite cover, after 2 years the plastic was beginning to get brittle and yellow colored. I use reflective material to cover the windows from the inside so as to prevent upholstery from fading and to prevent sun rot of the window blinds. I also created a back splash for the stove to prevent cooking grease from discoloring the decor panel, aluminum panels from IKEA store kitchen section worked well.
I don't post photos so you'll need to use you imagination as to the back splash.
When I was a young guy I worked in a mobile home factory so, most repairs or mods are done at home rather than at the dealer. Have fun!!!
ranchosinvacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 AM   #10

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #11
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #12

Thanks for the info! The framing in ours came apart a little in the exact same spot! haha! We had a few other small things come loose on our first voyage but not to bad overall. The new ones seem to have a nice brace for the larger tank. I believe we decided to buy a full cover for ours since it will be sitting in the driveway unprotected. I never realized how destructive this desert sun can be until I moved to Vegas.
Mudd is offline   Reply With Quote