Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #11
Thank you. The small things I can handle and expect. It's when walls start moving and you can see daylight threw the wall that I get upset about.

2008 GMC 2500HD CC DURAMAX Z71
BOBCATMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
We have had our Jayco (not your model) for about a year and a half. Overall it has been a very good TT. It has been in the shop a few times, mostly for small minor items, but it has the 2 year warranty and the dealer is 15 miles away so I have brought it in instead of doing the work myself.

I do not know what was wrong with your first “broken TT”, but Jayco trailers just like any other major item you will purchase it is primarily hand built, and built quickly. So do not be surprised that there will be a few things wrong, which will need to be corrected. Also with anything that is hand built, there is always a chance of a lemon.

My recommendation is to tell your dealer you want to do your PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) BEFORE you sign the papers. Dealers always want to do the PDI after you sign the papers by the way. Once the papers are signed you own it and you cannot change for a different unit. Take your time during your PDI and ask a lot of questions and inspect everything closely. Make sure YOU try everything, from open/closing every door, drawer, stereo, light, water heater placement, and so forth. You will not regret it. For example we went through our PDI, and the stereo’s outside speaker would not work. While we continued with the PDI a technician diagnosed and replaced the stereo before we were done. They will go through a lot and you will not remember everything, especially if you are new to RVing.

Happy RV’n

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote