Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2016, 09:01 AM   #1

Question Slide cover no room to install

Has anyone figured out a solution for no room to install a slide cover on the 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV? We are first time RV owners and wanted to protect our slides from leaves and debris. Camping World Service Dept. said our unit was built with the windows so high up to the roof until there is no way to attach after-market slide covers on our two slide-outs. We are older and not anxious to climb up on top of the unit every time we pack up.
WHAT DO PEOPLE DO ABOUT THIS PROBLEM? I know if the seal gets compromised from debris catching in/under the gasket, Jayco will say it is our fault. Not being able to put the slides out when under huge oaks/in the mountains is a huge disappointment. Thanks for ideas/solutions.
sdphelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #2

I had slide covers installed on my 2015 MV with no problem. I know other folks have had them installed also. I suspect the 2016 layout and window placement isn't any different than the 2015. I would go to another RV dealer/repair shop and talk to them. Camping World isn't exactly known for their great service department.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #3

Based on the You Tube pictures I have seen there is no reason 2 slide covers cannot be mounted on the ODS slides. Those windows have no bearing on the cover as it is mounted just above them along the slide trim.I have a high window like that on one slide and have a slide cover mounted. The only issue I see is that you may get pooling due to no pitch.

Agree to go to a real service center.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #4

Question Issue: No Room to Install Slde Covers on 2016 Greyhawk???

Issue: No Room to Install Slde Covers on 2016 Greyhawk???
Thank you for your feedback. Would some of you mind sharing what service centers you have found preferable to you? And what brand of slide cover did you have installed? I am near Charleston, SC and just bought the 29MV model.
sdphelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #5

I'm guessing that you bought your MH from Camping World so suggesting that you go to the dealer where you bought it wouldn't work. Just doing a quick search for RV repair places in your area comes up with several but one of them that stands out is 1st Choice RV .

They're a mobile service so would come to your location to do an install. RVservicereviews.com gives them a good rating. Google reviews are also very good https://plus.google.com/101280159866166957149/about .

My slide toppers are made by Carefree of Colorado and cost around $1200 and that included installation.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #6

I've got covers put on my 2015 29MV by my Jayco Dealer. He didn't seem to have any problems.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:29 AM   #7

Thank you so so much. I am determined to do any preventive add-ons that make sense. Slide covers is at the top of my list! I'll keep pursuing.