Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Welcome To Jayco Owners Forums > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

Soon to be new owner of 2015 154BH from far Nor cal

Signed papers last week for a brand new Jayco SLX 154BH. Will be picking it up hopefully this weekend. I have an appt to drop off our TV (06 RAV4 v6) to install a brake controller and 7 pin plug on thursday so hopefully everything will be ready to go. I'm also having the dealer do and axle flip and install front stabilizing jacks before we take delivery. Can't wait to get it so I can do some mods and start camping!
jimnguyen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #2

You are exactly in the same position as myself. I have the same vehicle and picking up the same travel trailer today in Manteca CA. My RAV4 is 2011 2 WD and does have the tow prep package. Had them install: 7 pin plug, Brake controller, weight distribution hitch and anti-sway breaks. You mention in your post "axle flip" and "front stabilizing jacks". I'm now considering front stabilizing jacks too, but what is axle flip and why is that important?
Hari1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #3

The axle flip is preference. It will lift the trailer about 4". This should give pretty good clearance should the occasion ever arises. I've read a couple post on here that the stock clearance may not be enough as far as hooking up the sewer hoses on some campgrounds. The front stabilizing jacks will keep the trailer from rocking back and forth when you are in the dining area, a must with us especially with 2 kids. Dealer quoted me around $490 to do both. I asked for a quote to install a cable jack and run the wires for the tv but they wanted an arm and leg for it, so I'm going to do it myself one of these days.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #4

Don't forget that the lower step on the TT is now 4" higher so you might have to make a little platform for that 1st step now. Make a 3/4" x 3-1/2" frame(std. Wood size board from Lowes) and cover it with 5/8" plywood. About 1' deep x15-18" wide(that's a safe size platform to give you sure footing) and your good to go.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #5

Thanks for the input...but for now I will probably use a small folding step stool. I'm not really the carpenter type
Old 08-06-2014, 04:51 AM   #6

Congratulations!....we have the same trailer and are very happy with it.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:57 AM   #7

If you haven't already.....stop over here and and visit the Jayflight SLX community.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/group.php?groupid=37
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #8

Thanks Threebutchers....loving the mods you did to yours so far!