Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #1

South Dakota 27.5 BHS

Hi everyone, wife, two kids and our "new" 2006 27.5 BHS! 1/2 ton pickup, just installed fifth wheel plate, brake controller and hauled it home. Already got a spot for next weekend so we got a few things to take care of in the next week. I was looking for travel trailers and was told not to look at fifth wheels unless I was getting a bigger truck. I really do like the ease of hooking up and the pin weight is ok. Suprised how well it handles the load. Very happy!
murphylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #2

Hi and welcome neighbor. We are from Webster, SD and I am loading the camper right now because we are heading out tonight for this weekend. I think this will be our last time for this year since so much going on with the kids back in school. We have a 30' travel trailer that we pull with our 1/2 ton pickup. We still fall within the GVWR and normally we only travel within 50 miles from home so we are at most campsites within 30 minutes to an hour. If we ever decided to head out to the hills we will need to look at a larger pickup but for now with 6 state campgrounds and 1 city we have enough places to go that are close by and since they are not that far away we are able to go out more often for just the short weekends. This is our first camping year and we are having a blast!!! I know you will have a lot of fun camping, relaxing and just spending time with the family away from the Wii, computers and video games. Enjoy your new camper!!!!
Darla

2002 Jayco Eagle SE 304bh
crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #3

Welcome to the JOF and congrats on the new 5er!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #4

Welcome,

We are out in Rapid City at this time. Got to see SNOW for the first time of "fall" lol
2014 Dodge Ram 2500, Diesel

TEBechtold is offline   Reply With Quote