Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #1

Wannabee Owner

We're selling our toy hauler and going with an Eagle 320 RLDS, Lord willing. Closest dealer is a hundred miles away and is working up a price now. We got a quote from RVDirect. Heck of a price with free delivery to a city just a long day's drive away. We really don't expect the local dealer to match it, we'll pay a bit more, but you've got to limit how many more bucks the advantages of a "nearby" dealer is worth.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Rolly Send a message via Yahoo to Rolly
Welcome cekkk+

'75 Dodge Class A Motorhome AKA "The Getto" :eek:
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #3

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum cekkk+ . If you save more doing the day drive to get the tt (after gas, etc, etc) then it allows you to essentially pick up your tt and have a maiden voyage all at same time If you break even or there abouts, you can consider yourself getting a free vacation. Some advantages to buying from a local dealer is you may get some priority service and maybe a 10% discount on parts, but I have heard of some folks that don't experience any better service from the dealer they purchased from. No matter what, you can get your Jayco serviced all over the U.S. and when the dealer isn't close, they will send you to a local "shop" to get whatever taken care of during warranty. Call Jayo for warranty questions before you buy new. Happy shopping! (BTW - we did the extended drive which basically gave us a "free" three week maiden voyage in our tt!)
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #4

Thanks for the welcomes. Our minds are made up and we're buying a thousand miles away and do plan to stay in the area a few nights so we can return to our dealership if needed for initial problems. We saved nearly $4k over "local" prices, about 1800 of which would have been transportation costs from Middlebury, IN, to central Colorado, as the Iowa dealer is about a thousand miles less. So I'm paying myself nicely to go get it. Get to visit friends and relatives along the way, too. With our locals being 100 miles closest and 150 to the 2nd, I'd be dealing with Jayco for a local non Jayco dealership to work on it anyhow. I called their CS number yesterday and a sweet young thing said no problem. Wonder if they'll be singing the same tune when I actually need warranty work done by a non Jayco dealer. Que sera.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #5

Well at least you have two "locals" to try out for warranty issues. We actually travel (make a road trip out of it) four hours to the dealer who we trust with our tt. Got to know the service manager. Pretty happy with how it's going so far anyhow. Congrats on the purchase. Happy maiden voyage to ya!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk+ View Post
I called their CS number yesterday and a sweet young thing said no problem. Wonder if they'll be singing the same tune when I actually need warranty work done by a non Jayco dealer. Que sera.
You can take one thing to the bank with Jayco, the Bontrager family founded and still controlls the company, if they tell you they will take care of warranty they absolutely will. I have seen them authorize repairs for units that were out of warranty especially if we tell them it was a factory defect. We have worked on all brands and I am spoiled with Jayco. I suppose that's why our company is an Exclusive Jayco Dealer. I think you will enjoy your new rig.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote