Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2016, 09:56 PM   #1

Question Water leak 2016 28 RLS

Just picked up a new 2016 28RLS today. Got it setup on site and noticed water dripping onto the tires. This trailer has the Thermal Package. After checking the underbelly It is sagged about three inches and it looks like a screw has been pulled out from the weight of the water.

I am a full time RV'r and this unit was supposed to be my new home.

Anyone heard of a similar experience and what the solution was? belly

Dealer knows of the leak but not the sagging underbelly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
luckyketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:25 AM   #2

Unless you can locate the leak from inside, unfortunately the only way to determine the source is to open the underbelly. It will be easier for everyone here to help at that point.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:46 AM   #3
Jim

Leak in underbelly 2015 Jayco Jayflight 26RLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyketch View Post
Just picked up a new 2016 28RLS today. Got it setup on site and noticed water dripping onto the tires. This trailer has the Thermal Package. After checking the underbelly It is sagged about three inches and it looks like a screw has been pulled out from the weight of the water.

I am a full time RV'r and this unit was supposed to be my new home.

Anyone heard of a similar experience and what the solution was? belly

Dealer knows of the leak but not the sagging underbelly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I realize you posted your question in 2016 but I am now experiencing a similar issue with my Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS. Took it in and they pressure tested everything including backing up the fresh water lines into the shower ... 50 PSI pressure and left it that way for two days...no leak. Took it out camping and did not leak right away for the first day and then leaking water began dripping at a low point in the middle underbelly behind the axles and in line with the city water connection. I had my water pressure controller set at 40 PSI. I also have the thermal package so figure it will have to be dropped to see where the leak is coming from.

Before I go any further did you find the source of your leak?
Equalizer 4 10K Hitch System
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I realize you posted your question in 2016 but I am now experiencing a similar issue with my Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS. Took it in and they pressure tested everything including backing up the fresh water lines into the shower ... 50 PSI pressure and left it that way for two days...no leak. Took it out camping and did not leak right away for the first day and then leaking water began dripping at a low point in the middle underbelly behind the axles and in line with the city water connection. I had my water pressure controller set at 40 PSI. I also have the thermal package so figure it will have to be dropped to see where the leak is coming from.

The leak was at cold water inlet to the water heater. There was no clamp on it.

Since then I have had 4 more leaks.
1. cold water line at shower control.
2. connection to the removable sink spigot.
3. hot water connection from plastic pipe to faucet at kitchen sink
4. cold water connection from plastic pipe to faucet at kitchen sink
3 and 4 loosen up every time I travel for a long ways. I have to check tightness each time before turning on water

Whoever did the plumbing in this rig must have been a beginner.

I have not been happy with the quality of workmanship in this RV. This is my 3rd and last Jayco.
luckyketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyketch View Post
The leak was at cold water inlet to the water heater. There was no clamp on it.

Since then I have had 4 more leaks.
1. cold water line at shower control.
2. connection to the removable sink spigot.
3. hot water connection from plastic pipe to faucet at kitchen sink
4. cold water connection from plastic pipe to faucet at kitchen sink
3 and 4 loosen up every time I travel for a long ways. I have to check tightness each time before turning on water

Whoever did the plumbing in this rig must have been a beginner.

I have not been happy with the quality of workmanship in this RV. This is my 3rd and last Jayco.
Are you speaking of pex crimp clamps? They either are crimped correctly or not, don't know how you "check" the tightness?
At least its an easy fix for the dealer if that's the issue.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post

What type of water regulator are you using ? Brass/Plastic adjustable or fixed pressure?

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:04 AM   #7
Jim

I use a Camco Brass adjustable water regulator with gauge. I bought this thinking my static generic brass 50 PSI regulator had gone bad. Leak occurred with both.

I don't have a noticeable leak on the first day or so. Then I take a shower... That is when I notice the leak.. it is not a small leak either.. a fair amount of water is accumulating at that low point of the underbelly cover. I don't want to just start cutting holes in that thing to seal back. Again, this is when I am hooked up to city water... the test I have yet to perform is to see if the leak occurs when off city water and just using the pump. Too soon to do that test ... still winter here.
Equalizer 4 10K Hitch System
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote