Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2017, 03:35 PM   #1

Cool Window options

We are looking into ordering a 2018 Jay Flight. We will choose fiberglass exterior but does anyone know if choosing standard windows is an option? On the order form it has the fiberglass exterior and flush mount crank out windows as a package. I would prefer conventional slide windows.

Any input welcome!!

Tracy
Ginger860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #2

If I were you, I would want that type of answer to come directly from the horses mouth so I would call Jayco directly and ask that question of the product manager for JayFlights. I have found that there are things Jayco CAN do during a build that some salesmen/dealerships aren't aware of or don't want to bother with special order types of things unless you go to them and tell them that Jayco said it could be done.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #3

Agree... and that has been our experience ( salesman doesn't know and is asking rep) I'm just impatient waiting for the answer!!
I do believe the sales guy will follow through, we have a good rapport.

Thanks!!!
Tracy
Old 06-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #4

Per the Jayco FAQs:

Does Jayco build customized RVs?
Our recreation vehicles are made on an assembly line and to maximize quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness, no customizing is done. Models are made according to the floorplans and options listed on our website. If you haven't already done so, you may want to visit our product pages to find a floorplan that meets your needs.

So looks like not

Tracy
Old 06-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger860 View Post
Per the Jayco FAQs:

Our recreation vehicles are made on an assembly line and to maximize quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness, no customizing is done.

So looks like not

Tracy
They are known to "pink sheet" some items as long as they are normal stock and no structural changes(ex modifying the window openings etc)
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Per the Jayco FAQs:

Our recreation vehicles are made on an assembly line and to maximize quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness, no customizing is done. Models are made according to the floorplans and options listed on our website. If you haven't already done so, you may want to visit our product pages to find a floorplan that meets your needs.

So looks like not

Tracy
All I can say Tracy is that it never hurts to ask.

When we ordered our Jayco Eagle 330RSTS TT this past year, there were no options on any of Jayco's websites that mentioned that slide toppers were an available option. When I first asked about getting them installed on our new trailer, the salesmen immediately quoted me their price to do it after the trailer arrived. The question was never asked by me or did they ever mention it might be possible on whether Jayco could do it during the build.

A few weeks later, I ran across a dealer's site in Pennsylvania that not only showed our trailer with slide toppers installed, but one of the pictures was of the factory invoice FROM JAYCO that showed an itemized listing for the slide toppers. Had my salesman check and sure enough, Jayco would do it and so we had our slide toppers installed during the build at 1/3 the cost that I could have had it done afterwards.

So like the old adage goes, don't believe everything you read on the interwebs (or what salesmen tell you)! I would still ask Jayco just to make sure but that's just me.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:41 AM   #7

I looked up Jayco's phone number (800-283-8267) and will go directly to them with the question. I REALLY want this one option change. Not a fan of crank out windows and prefer the open air flow of the slide windows.

as you said no harm in asking!

Tracy
Old 06-18-2017, 08:44 AM   #8

Quote:
I looked up Jayco's phone number (800-283-8267) and will go directly to them with the question.

as you said no harm in asking!

Tracy
I "highly" suggest you have the dealer's sales rep follow up.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
...So like the old adage goes, don't believe everything you read on the interwebs (or what salesmen tell you)! I would still ask Jayco just to make sure but that's just me.
Especially what salesmen tell you.

Tags
fiberglass, windows