Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #1

Moving Up

We're getting ready to buy a 35S but we've see so many negative reviews regarding workmanship and Jayco not backing their warranty we are beginning to think we should consider another manufacturer. Anyone have any workmanship issues with the product? We've heard all kind of issues with the Class As and reluctance by Jayco to back their products from a warranty standpoint.
rong1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #2
Site Team

I would do some more research before closing the door on Jayco.

The type complaints you see on line are industry wide.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #3

X2 what Norty said. The Jayco in my sig is our 3rd that was purchased new. A pop-up in '93 that we had for 10 years, an '03 Kiwi 17a hybrid also kept for 10 years. And our current X20E. Jayco builds a solid product. No matter which manufacturer you chose you have to keep up with the maintenance, that is seals, frame paint, etc., to help them last.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #4

My Jayco has had more problems than I care to think about anymore, we are frustrated with the camper.....that said, Jayco has fixed everything under warranty without questioning. It simply takes a very long time to get repairs completed for which they blame part suppliers for.

I don't know that there is a perfect manufacturer of RV's at this price point. All brands seem to be suffering QC problems. If I were out looking today I would find the floor plan that fits me best and pull the trigger, regardless of brand.
Knauby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #5

Thanks for the feedback

Haven't counted Jayco out, we are just doing due diligence before making a significant investment. Thanks for all the feedback, at least there's a positive side. When you get on some of these user forums they seem to become gripe blogs rather than balanced feedback.
rong1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #6

As someone on another forum said. these forums are full of folks that have issues and are trying to fix them. HOWEVER, there are a lot more that are perfectly happy with their Jayco and just don't say anything.

So you are SEEING the folks with problems.
You are not seeing the quest folks that are having no issues or very minor ones.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #7

We have had our share of issues with our 2016 Jayco 31FS but are extremely happy with it. As others have said, any new RV from any manufacturer will have some issues. This discussion board has taught you this fact and that's a good thing. Which ever RV you decide on, you will expect some issues and won't be so frustrated. Good luck with your RV hunt!

- James
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:01 AM   #8

Speaking with a local RV dealer last week, who says that the Japanese will soon be in the RV business !!! He says that Manufacturers will have no choice but to produce better quality RV's to keep up with the Japanese.
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote