Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2015, 04:54 AM   #1

Post must be approved by moderator

I posted a link in a thread about invertors and got a message the post had to be approved by a mod. That was yesterday and still not approved. I tried again last night, nothing, this morning, nothing.
DHH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:29 AM   #2

My guess is due to your low post count they want to make sure your not a bot joining just to post spam..
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:39 AM   #3

I understand that but you would think it would be just a little faster. Glad the op didn't have an emergency. I had some good info that I am sure he could use but it is most likely to late now.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:18 AM   #4

Maybe instead of the link you could have copied and pasted the info.
I don't think the moderators are on 24/7. They have lives and jobs most likely.
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #5

DH,

Couple of things.. First I am the Admin for a different forum (not related to RV's). Anyway as such I understand more than most what it takes to go through all of the posts and verify they are legit. This is not a paid position, these are people just like us who have real jobs and families, etc.. 99% of the time they are right on top of everything but every once in a while things happen...

2. Your new here, first welcome to the forum as there are many great and helpful people here (great bunch of gals and guys), If I may be so bold as to say that if you have an issue, you can PM the moderators for help, going on with only 4 posts and ******** about the forum really isn't a great way to start out...

Just sayin.... Good luck, and hope you like the forum...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:01 AM   #6

X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1961 View Post
dh,

couple of things.. First i am the admin for a different forum (not related to rv's). Anyway as such i understand more than most what it takes to go through all of the posts and verify they are legit. This is not a paid position, these are people just like us who have real jobs and families, etc.. 99% of the time they are right on top of everything but every once in a while things happen...

2. Your new here, first welcome to the forum as there are many great and helpful people here (great bunch of gals and guys), if i may be so bold as to say that if you have an issue, you can pm the moderators for help, going on with only 4 posts and bitching about the forum really isn't a great way to start out...

Just sayin.... Good luck, and hope you like the forum...
x2

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
Site Team

I approved the post. Our moderators are N/A at this time. These posts that include links from a new member are automatically held in moderation until they can be approved as part of the forum spam defenses.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
Site Team

I wish I could have helped. We are camped in the boonies with no wifi or cell service. Just got on a little while ago.

Remember : Patience is a virtue!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHH57 View Post
I understand that but you would think it would be just a little faster. Glad the op didn't have an emergency. I had some good info that I am sure he could use but it is most likely to late now.

I'm sorry you were inconvenienced. Summer is a busy time and as noted, we're not always online. The link moderation is a spam abatement scheme and traps countless ads for cell phones, nike knock offs and pills for assorted 'dysfunctions'. It also stops unwanted solicitations from folks in the RV biz and so while I know it's an inconvenience it seems to be the lesser of 2 evils. Once you've made a few more posts, it will no longer be an issue.
Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:55 PM   #10

I was not inconvenienced at all, nor was I ******** as Tex stated. As member of many different forums I never had a post take 24 hours to be approved and thought there may be some other issue. Thanks for getting to it. I was just trying to help the Op with his issue and I had a great link to an expert in RV / DC wiring, battery charging, etc. I hope he saw it and it helps him with his questions.

Thanks again!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #11
Site Team

Until a new member has made 5 posts, if any of these first 5 contain links or photos, they must be approved by a moderator before they will display.

As mentioned previously, the moderators on this forum receive no monetary compensation- nothing. That equates to goose eggs, bolo or what ever other similar name you want to use. We all do it for the satisfaction of helping to keep JOF the #1 source for information, assistance and providing a friendly forum for Jayco enthusiasts to discuss their RVs. Every moderator on this forum brings a unique skill set to the table being that they come from all walks of life. As moderators, we wear many hats. In some respects, we're sheriffs, doctors, consultants and technicians- all rolled into one.

Unfortunately (and this is true on just about every forum), there's always more forum than moderators, and since there is no schedule for moderators, it's a "luck of the draw" whether one will be available to assist when needed. We all have other lives/needs, plus as RVers, we're sometimes camping in places with limited (and occasionally no) access to the Internet.

Considering the above in mind, it sometimes can, and does, take what would be considered an unreasonable amount of time to address an issue on this forum. However, I don't think the "track record" for attending to forum issues on JOF is any worse than other forums that have a similar sized number of active members.

As moderators, we get indicators on our screens when we're on JOF that alert us of all posts/threads that require approval, so there is always a reminder of "business" that needs taken care of. This assures that you are never completely forgotten.

I hope this post has helped explain and reassure everyone that we, as moderators, try to resolve forum issues promptly and expediently as possible.

Thanks for reading!

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote