Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #21

Why is it that the "site team" people won't come down off their high horses and take a more conciliatory approach to explaining all this. No one wants to be told that if you want to understand how this works, go back and read the rules THAT YOU SIGNED. Google, Microsoft, Twitter, and Facebook have all found themselves entangled in a lot of grief because of stuff they buried in the rules and regs or privacy policy statement.

This all started because I got a criptic email from Social Knowledge Support referencing an issue that I triggered? How all this started still escapes me but the unsolicited email concerned me because it contained a link that it said would take me to info about the issue all I had to do was enter my personal ID. I should have just deleted the email at that point but clicked the link hoping to find out more about the issue. There is no way I am going to enter my personal data on a link from someone I do not recognize. There are countless malware scams out their that say something has corrupted your system and to click on what ever to understand or fix it. That is clearly what this sounded like.

This Support Team needs to clean up its act and come down off their mountain. Emails like I got are ridiculous and potentially dangerous to members. I have to ask why I didn't get this message via personal messages instead of a direct email. After all it apparently was my response to a private mail from a forum poster that started the ball rolling on this and clearly had nothing to do with me intending to create an "issue" from the site people.

Maybe it has to come from the Forum site team but the other members deserve an explanation that goes farther than just giving a link to the rules and regs. We are just a handful of days away from an election that may well solidify a not so subtle attempt to establish a new "OWNER" who will be glad to tell us to just shut up and read the rules.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:08 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Why is it that the "site team" people won't come down off their high horses and take a more conciliatory approach to explaining all this.

A few years ago The Jayco owners forum changed ownership. A small company called Social Knowledge LLC took over management of the site. Social Knowledge is a company based in the USA - Texas actually.

The day to day running of the board is handled by VOLUNTEERS who you see posting - the site team. They are also Jayco owners and avid campers.

If you hit the contact link at the bottom of the page you likely reached our help desk - it's generally used for technical support like password resets and username changes. That support system generates automated receipt of your message and I think this must be what you're referring to. Typically you get an answer form a real live person (also in the USA) within a day.

Mail is sent via a commercial mail provider and you can see this reflected in the mail headers - no secrets.. This is just the way we manage mail. You are not obliged to click on any links - entirely your choice. we work hard to be responsive to member needs and personal info is not sold, rented or loaned out to advertisers.

When you use the contact link, you are communicating via e-mail. We respond via e-mail and this is particularly helpful for those who have gotten locked out of their accounts or are having trouble registering. They cannot use Private messaging if they cannot access their accounts. If you have specific concerns or questions please feel free to send me a Pm and I'll try to help.
Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 11-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #23
Site Team

And with the nice explanation from Janet I will close this thread.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Closed Thread