Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #1

suggestions - state / locations forums

Hello

I've enjoyed this site as a new Jayco TT owner learning the ins and outs of camping and towing.

I have used many other forums and perhaps you might want to consider adding regional based forum pages such as by state - some mountain bike and other forums I've seen have great stuff in those. Some even spawn get togethers, rate campgrounds, weather, etc. I'd like to get feedback on sites in my area. I realize there are other RV sites but I am member here. I may look elsewhere immediately but for future give consideration.

Also, the "groups" setting like for the solar campers is horrible. You can hardly write anything and be over the limit - what's the point of the limit? to make a post people have to break it up in to sections. Its so un-usefuly no one really uses it. Other sites this is a neat way to have a separate section. Or just merge those into a separate forum, which actually makes more sense although not "closed" group.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #2

I would second this idea!
AugerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:12 PM   #3

This already exists in the COMMUNITY section of this forum as SOCIAL GROUPS. The unfortunate thing is postings into this section don't appear in the Recent Threads section. A number of us Social Group Moderators try our best to periodically draw attention to all the wonderful stuff in the COMMUNITY location ... check out the Social Groups, there are about 50 of them! We welcome your ideas on how to get them more visibility/members/contributions/etc.!!

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #4

That unfortunately is not user friendly. vBulletin makes it very easy to create the forum sections and subcategories and I think having them on the front page would drive much more interaction. I think the regional format like used on other forums (the pic is from FerrariChat) is intuitive and would be better than individual states of course. I'm not sure who has ultimate say here but it would take all of 10 minutes to add these to the front page and wouldn't detract from the other sections. I'm new here so my opinion may not account for much however I'm not new to vBulletin or forums in general. I already like the feel of this forum and think it otherwise has great flow but would love to see it continue to grow and I think some simple changes like that would definitely help. Just my friendly unsolicited 0.02!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5427.jpg  
AugerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
Site Team

How do you get to be moderator of a social group?

I know of other forums that have a State by State area and it is a good place to put recommendations for good experiences that are easy to find. Most forums that I am familiar with that have them require a search to find info that is not recent. I usually have to use the search function as a fallback source.

Don't know, it could be looked at.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote