Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #1

viewing pics prob since forum change..

Anyone else having issues seeing some pics, smilies, avatars etc since the change? I see most of them but some pics just try to load to view but eventually don't or time out. Also some pics I just get the "x" block. Not sure if its me, a setting etc. Will check my other PC later on. I like the changeover none the less!
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
Site Team

You might try logging out and then logging back in or doing a hard refresh - you may have some old content cached. if it continues, then I'll need to know more about your system, What browser, Operating system, etc and if you have any ad blockers running.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #3

Unhappy

I'm having the same problem. Pictures just show the spinning timer. I've found that if I either close the picture or click on the next button (on multi-pic posts), then go back to original picture, then I can see the picture. Also, the full screen feature doesn't work anymore on video attachments. I've tried logging out, then logging back in, and that hasn't helped. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

On another note, I get a "googleads" masthead about 1/2 the time when I try to back up to the previous page. I have to back click again (double click) to get to my previous page. Is that just because I have/use Google, is it something on your end, or am I being invaded by Purple Meanies?
Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #4

Same problem for me
parkersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #5

hmmm I'm doing just fine here running firefox on my XP machine... I love what they finally did with displaying pictures. I like the way RV NET does it better giving your the ability to re-size your picture with minimal effort but this way works great too...

all is good here...
Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #6

I am using Tapatalk and having the problems.
parkersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #7

OK something else (and maybe its just me again) but I went to review/re-post a thread w/ pics I did last year and all my pics that I posted in the thread are now someone elses random pics.. Heres the thread..

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ghlight=gasket

Seeing what Im seeing too??
Old 04-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
Site Team

Wow, that is a huge mess. I will get admin on the problem. Regrettably that thread may have to be trashed and started over.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #9

Yeah....this all happened when *somebody" hit 10,000 posts......blame HIM!!!
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #10

Uggg... Not sure if they can fix it or not but as long as I don't have to go back and re-place the gasket im good with that.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by exjay1 View Post
Uggg... Not sure if they can fix it or not but as long as I don't have to go back and re-place the gasket im good with that.
exjay1, I need some help from you in attempting to solve your problem. Here's what I need you to do:

Open three additional browser windows (or tabs) besides this one that you're reading these instructions from and bring up JOF on each one. You will have a total of four JOF sessions open.

On the second JOF session, Copy the link below (without the beginning and ending quotes) and paste it into the URL and press enter. This will bring up your gasket thread that has the incorrect pictures. You'll need to see this for reference.

"http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11570&highlight=gasket"

On the third JOF session, Copy the link below (without the beginning and ending quotes) and paste it into the URL and press enter. This will bring up a second copy of this thread. Then click on Post Reply because you're going to make a reply that contains the correct Picture URLs that for the 27 pictures in your thread that I'm going to use to replace the Placeholders.

"http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17971"

On the fourth JOF session, bring up your Photo Album that contains the pictures that should be in the thread.

Then, for each picture (There will be 27 pictures in total. be sure to do each picture in the order they appear in the thread) do this:
  • Find and click on the thumbnail of the correct picture to enlarge it.
  • Beneath the picture, click once on the window contents for Picture URL to select it.
  • Click copy and the paste into the message window of JOF session 3.
  • Press Enter so that the next entry you paste starts on a new line.

Lastly, click Submit Reply after you have pasted all 27 Picture URLs into the message window.

I will edit and place all 27 Picture URLs from your reply in the thread which will show the original pictures.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Frank

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #12

Still having problems going from one page to another within the JOF site. Takes about a minute of waiting, then the masthead with the photos of Class C and the 5er and a blank page, then wait another minute or so for the desired page to appear. Except that this process frequently times out, and I have to start over. Very frustrating. This does not happen with other websites. So I asked my local computer repair guy, and he says the problem is with the JOF site, not my browser, although he cannot pinpoint the exact problem. So . . . . . I only get on the JOF now when I have plenty of time available, which is not so often. A shame, but can't find the problem.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #13
Site Team

One last thing I would try. I was having trouble loading the first page of the forum some time back and it was suggested I delete the JOF bookmark, empty the browsing history and rebookmark the JOF site. I`ve had no problems since I did that. But my problem was only loading the first page, not each page after that like you are. I really hope we can get this resolved, certainly do not want members to not be able to view or post on our forum.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post
exjay1, I need some help from you in attempting to solve your problem. Here's what I need you to do:

Open three additional browser windows (or tabs) besides this one that you're reading these instructions from and bring up JOF on each one. You will have a total of four JOF sessions open.

On the second JOF session, Copy the link below (without the beginning and ending quotes) and paste it into the URL and press enter. This will bring up your gasket thread that has the incorrect pictures. You'll need to see this for reference.

"http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11570&highlight=gasket"

On the third JOF session, Copy the link below (without the beginning and ending quotes) and paste it into the URL and press enter. This will bring up a second copy of this thread. Then click on Post Reply because you're going to make a reply that contains the correct Picture URLs that for the 27 pictures in your thread that I'm going to use to replace the Placeholders.

"http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17971"

On the fourth JOF session, bring up your Photo Album that contains the pictures that should be in the thread.

Then, for each picture (There will be 27 pictures in total. be sure to do each picture in the order they appear in the thread) do this:
  • Find and click on the thumbnail of the correct picture to enlarge it.
  • Beneath the picture, click once on the window contents for Picture URL to select it.
  • Click copy and the paste into the message window of JOF session 3.
  • Press Enter so that the next entry you paste starts on a new line.

Lastly, click Submit Reply after you have pasted all 27 Picture URLs into the message window.

I will edit and place all 27 Picture URLs from your reply in the thread which will show the original pictures.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Frank
Done. Hopefully I posted it so it will be less painful to fix as possible. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #15

Looks good! Thanks for the help.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:22 AM   #16

Well at least you have been able to post pictures. I still have been unable to post any pictures at all. I just gave up!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #17

I tried to figure it out this morning and gave up as well. It's not that I don't want to learn but it's just too many things to go through. Sorry.
Sold 1999 Durango
fmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichaels View Post
I tried to figure it out this morning and gave up as well. It's not that I don't want to learn but it's just too many things to go through. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
Well at least you have been able to post pictures. I still have been unable to post any pictures at all. I just gave up!
Are you:
  1. having problems with an existing posting containing pictures that are now either missing or have been replaced some other picture?
  2. Unable to Insert a picture into a new posting?
This thread is for those with problem #1- Old postings with missing/incorrect pictures in the post.

For problem #2, inserting a picture into a new posting, instructions for how to do this can be found here.

If your problem falls into neither of these categories, please start a new thread in this forum explaining the difficulty you're encountering.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #19

My Iphone will only do one photo at a time, but my computer works just fine to upload more than one picture.
TST 507 flow thru

Livinglife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #20

FPM III, thanks, I'll check this out tonight. I have made some mods to my TT and wanted to post some pics but only if it's straightforward.
Sold 1999 Durango
fmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote