Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #151
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
Not trying to spoil boys with a trailer. It's just for the trip that us girls go with too. :-)
Funny you mention that. DW won't backpack with me anymore (long story). But when my son comes of age, she has agreed to hold down the "fort" (the trailer) while we're out on the trail!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #152
I'm an eagle scout, and my oldest boy is only 3.5 so I'm hoping that he'll enjoy scouting as much as I did when he comes of age.

For now, I'm going to enjoy creature comforts of a TT until he's old enough to tent camp with the scouts.

vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #153
I never made it past Webelos myself. My son is currently a Scout, and I was a den leader, Cub master for a couple years, and now ASM for the last couple years. I'm doing my best to push my son to Eagle, but I'm sure that will be hard once he hits high school. So far so good, though.
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L, 3.73
2016 Eagle 324BHTS, P3, PP 3P

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #154
I made it to Life. Girls and swim practice took me away from it.

I should have finished.
2015 Greyhawk 29MV

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #155
I made it to Life!

School, sports and work took my attention away from finishing. Though, I enjoyed all of the fun times especially summer camps!
scuba0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 PM   #156
Ha! Just found this thread, looks like it needs a bump. DW and I are cub scout leaders in Canada, with nearly 50 years as leaders between us. I was a youth member but didn't stay in troop for long, as we weren't very active. Here, girls have been participating for >25yrs at all levels (they also have the option of joining Girl Guides, which does not enroll boys). This year we had 20 cub scouts including 7 girls; we did fall and winter camps and a week-long camp in July.
AncasterDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 PM   #157
My youngest son is in the cub scouts and my oldest is in Boy Scouts the oldest troop in Nebraska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
William White hawk 28DSBH
1SOB 6th Jayco
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:46 PM   #158
Was a scout in the 70s, part of the time in Troop 1, arguably the oldest troop this side of the Mississippi. My sons were both in that troop also, and I served as a leader during Webelos and through their time in the Troop. Never wanted to be scoutmaster, as I didn't have the time, but I did serve as one of two adult advisors on the Troop's first Philmont expedition. My father in law was a lifer with the Boy Scouts, and ran several entire regions of the US. My older son is engaged to be married next year, and I am hoping he will have at least one son to carry on the family tradition. Boy Scouts of America is among the greatest organizations that exists. Teaching character and leadership like no other.
2006 Jayco Seneca 34SS
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Toad
Dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:54 AM   #159
Just browsing and found this thread.

I was a scout, only made it to Life though, was too busy with other activities and spent my summers in Alaska so only made it to two summer camps. As many of you know that's where you do half your merit badges. I always regretted not making it to Eagle though and after joining the Navy I told my brother he better make Eagle or else! He did it and I was able to come home on leave and speak at his Eagle Court, one of my best memories.

I learned more about knots and flag protocol in Boy Scouts than I learned in the Navy. Although I camped a lot in boy Scouts my love of camping probably came from my parents since we did lots of multi-day hikes as a family growing up. But it was nice to camp with my friends one weekend and then hike/camp with my family the next weekend. Can never have too much camping! We love our TT, but we still enjoy throwing our tent and cooler in the back of the truck and camping in the tent for a couple nights and staying places where we could never take the TT. Gives me an opportunity to teach my daughters some of the things Boy Scouts and my parents taught me and maybe if I'm lucky they will still love camping when they are teenagers.
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS
1999 F350, XLT, 4x4, 6.8L V10, AT, CC, LB
northwindone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:18 PM   #160
Just found this tread quite by accident. I was a Life Scout. Both of our boys are Eagle Scouts and for about 4 years, our youngest daughter was in the Venture Crew. We have hiked the Appalachian Trail several times and biked the C&O Canal. We were involved in both the Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop, being Den Leader, Cubmaster (wife), ASM and Committee Member. Wife enjoyed the camping out with the Scouts until she had a heat stroke in 2005 - she had been on several Summer Camp adventures.

Dennis & Donna Dohme
2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2008 F450
USMC Veterans
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote