Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wedowee AL
Posts: 262
Growing up I was not in scouts but....

both my sons made Eagle! I was very actively involved with them every step of way. Now both are in their 30's and very much love the outdoors. Both have done extensive AT trail hikes. My younger son often does weekend hikes.

Their mom - she still prefers the Designer and the very close by facility!
__________________

__________________
F250 HD 7.3 Diesel :)
31 Ft RLS Designer 5th Wheel :D
kcconawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcconawa View Post
Growing up I was not in scouts but....

both my sons made Eagle! I was very actively involved with them every step of way. Now both are in their 30's and very much love the outdoors. Both have done extensive AT trail hikes. My younger son often does weekend hikes.

Their mom - she still prefers the Designer and the very close by facility!

That`s something to be very proud of. Only 2% of all Scouts make Eagle. -

Lee
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Idaho/Arizona
Posts: 5,294
We had lots of scouting adventures in the early 60's. Lots of activities because we had excellent leaders.
__________________
2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
Dodge SRW 1 ton Cummins powered.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 AM   #14
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyDiane View Post
As a child I was a Brownie and a Girl Guide. In Canada we call them "Guides" versus the American "Scouts". As an adult I was a Guide Leader for 17 years.

I loved camping with Guiding and I did a lot of camping/travelling with the girls. I've taken Guides to Alberta and New Brunswick in Canada and a group to England and Switzerland.

My "fondest" camping memory was being evacuated from Guide camp while in Alberta. The camp was Mosaic '99 - like a Scout Jamboree. It was the night before we were scheduled to leave camp. We were camping on the banks of the Bow River and it rained so much in..... I can't remember how many days (it was a 10 day camp)..... the authorities thought the river was going to overflow so 2,000 people had to be evacuted from the camp. We had to pack up all our gear in the mud, the freezing cold and the rainy weather so it could be loaded onto an airplane back to Ontario. We had to line up for a couple of hours waiting for school buses to take us to our evacuation point and we hadn't eaten anything all day. Our evacuation point was a curling arena where we got to sleep for the night without the comfort of our air matresses.

As much as the weather was terrible for that whole camp, it is one camp I will never, ever forget!
Great story. I would love to camp in Canada someday, without having to evacuate, of course!

-Lee
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
Member
 
bbhoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 53
I am an Eagle Scout too. I have been out of scouting for many years but recently was asked to serve on our scout troop's scout committee. My Son is currently a Webelo scout.
__________________
2010 Jayco Jayflight G2 29BHS, Husky HB4500 power jack, Hunter 44260 Digital Thermostat, JT Strongarm stabilizers.
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L diesel, twin turbos, Edge Juice w/attitude CTS w/backup camera, MBRP full exhaust, 48RE auto tranny (stock for now), Pacbrake exhaust brake, Riderite airbags.
bbhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #16
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhoth View Post
I am an Eagle Scout too. I have been out of scouting for many years but recently was asked to serve on our scout troop's scout committee. My Son is currently a Webelo scout.
You would make a great Scout leader with your Eagle resume to draw from! I see possibly a Webelos leader (unless that positin is filled) or Asst Sm (Can`t have too many of them) in your future when your boy crosses over! Some of the finest people I have had the pleasure and privilege of knowing have been Scout leaders. I never would have met them without the Scouting experience. Go for it!

-Lee
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #17
Member
 
bbhoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
You would make a great Scout leader with your Eagle resume to draw from! I see possibly a Webelos leader (unless that positin is filled) or Asst Sm (Can`t have too many of them) in your future when your boy crosses over! Some of the finest people I have had the pleasure and privilege of knowing have been Scout leaders. I never would have met them without the Scouting experience. Go for it!

-Lee
I have been away for so long I am having to learn all over again. Getting old sucks! All the leaders are assigned in our troops so I am content to be on the committee for now!
__________________
2010 Jayco Jayflight G2 29BHS, Husky HB4500 power jack, Hunter 44260 Digital Thermostat, JT Strongarm stabilizers.
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L diesel, twin turbos, Edge Juice w/attitude CTS w/backup camera, MBRP full exhaust, 48RE auto tranny (stock for now), Pacbrake exhaust brake, Riderite airbags.
bbhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhoth View Post
I have been away for so long I am having to learn all over again. Getting old sucks! All the leaders are assigned in our troops so I am content to be on the committee for now!
Well technically being on the committee you are a bonafide registered Scout leader! You just are not required to have the same level of training as some of the other leaders. We have committee members who contribute and camp just as much as anyone else. -Lee
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,592
Hel,l I bet I ate more Girl Scout Cookies than anyone with two daughters back in the day. However, I slept on the ground for the "last time" back in the middle 60's and swore up and down, NEVER AGAIN! lol
__________________

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
KathyDiane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
Hel,l I bet I ate more Girl Scout Cookies than anyone with two daughters back in the day.
And I bet I stored more boxes of Girl Guide cookies in my living room than anyone else has!
__________________

KathyDiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.