Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2015, 11:13 PM   #11
Didn't take the RV, but I did trace the route as close as possible on my motorcycle and camping along the way from what is now Jackboro, Tx to Colony, Ok.. My 2 great grandfather had moved his family to this area back when it was still mostly Indian territory. They were one of three families that basically settled this area before the Civil War and are mentioned often in a book about the early beginnings titled "They Came To Stay". When my grandfather was 3, his father (my great grandfather) moved his family to the Indian territory which became the State of Oklahoma before the "Great Runs" in a covered wagon sometime around 1890. He was a founding member of the Seger group that established one of the first Native American Agricultural and Technical Education schools in the Oklahoma territory. What original was called Seger Colony, became Colony, Ok.. The family homestead is still in the family. I actually camped one night in the vicinity where they crossed the Red River. It was a strange feeling. because when they got to the Red River, my great grandfather and his eldest son crossed the river with the livestock, leaving my great grandmother and the younger children on the Texas side. A nor'wester moved in before they could cross back over and it rained for 3 days flooding the Red River. My great grandmother and the 3 youngest children were trapped on the Texas side for a week before the waters receded enough for my great grandfather and his son to get back across to get them. The really amazing thing is my grandfather moved to Oklahoma in a covered wagon, grew up there, worked and fought in WWI with many of the Native Americans from the School, and raised a family.......my father was a Director in the Space Program and my grandfather lived long enough to see all of the Apollo Program flights and the first Shuttle launch and landing in person. Now that is an amazing life line if you ask me.

Steve and Lisa
Un-tethered buoys in the shipping lanes of life.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:26 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Lifespalette View Post
Now that is an amazing life line if you ask me.
It sure is!!!

2013 Jayco Eagle 284BHS
250Watt Grape Solar Panel, MorningStar MPPT 60 Charge Controller
1500 Watt Ramsond PSI, 2 Trojan T145 Batteries (260Ah)
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #13
It sure is!!! We had a neighbor lady a cross the road from our farm that was told by her grandmother of hearing the guns at Gettysburg. That's about 50 miles as the crow flies. It makes you understand that what we might perceive as old history is not all that old after all!
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #14
My ancestors bought the TV first only to realize having plenty of pulling power came with a stiff suspension and questionable handling. We still have it in the family today.
Attached Thumbnails

2014 Eagle Premier 331RETS
2016 Silverado 3500 DuraMax/Allison
1975 Corvette & a couple ATV's
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote