Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Gibby3275 View Post
Try stringing some fishing line about a foot off the ground! :hihi:

Amen to that one. :hihi:

2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
Dodge SRW 1 ton Cummins powered.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
This happened to us at our local county fair 2 weeks ago. I thought I lucked out having an end spot b/c I was able to take advantage of a slight breeze, but we were bombarded with people (mostly young teenagers) cutting through our outdoor living space even while we're sitting there! I even came outside to two teenage boys sitting in our chairs!! The worst part was that we were up against an orange nylon temporary fence and with our slides out, only left less than 2ft of space. People were constantly walking through there! I was so hoping to hear some "thunks" in the dark as a sign that someone walked directly into a unseen slide.
I also agree that this is YOUR spot for the time you are there and boundaries should be respected. That is one reason why we take our bikes everywhere b/c it allows us a quicker passage via roads to get to shower house/playground.
This is a fantastic topic! Hope to hear more.

2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
The sad thing is if they dont have the common decency to know what respect is ..well if you say something to them about what they are doing wrong in your opinion,they surely dont have the comprehension skills to internalize that information either and will probally come back in the late evening for some payback!!! The world has gotten away from us a bit......
popjim52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
My wife just came up with a good one.. "just ask them their name and when they ask what for tell them we are going to put them on our guest list." I got a chuckle out of that...
rheyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
I have no problem confronting people who are not respectful of others at campgrounds. Last year we were staying at a Provincial Park and at about 10PM a group of teenage campers starting getting very loud. I called the park office and did not get an answer, so I took a drive up to the park office and found it vacant. When the noise continued until after midnight, I jumped in my SUV, drove over to the offending group, pulled up with the front of my truck facing the group and hit every offroad light on my truck, along with the highbeams, illuminating their site in very bright light. I then got out of my truck and in a very authoratative voice, instructed the group to quiet down or face being evicted. I then gave them a lecture on campground etiquette and after they appologized, I headed back to my campsite, only to be stopped by another camper on the way, asking what took me so long. Apparently I acted with such authority that other campers thought I was the park Ranger. The next morning, I made a visit to the park office and gave a similar lecture to the park Warden about responsibility. The Park Warden then called the police and the two of them paid a visit to the offending campers and had them pack up and leave. Sometimes justice does prevail. My advice to others is not to accept behaviour that you would not accept at your own home as this is your temporary place of residence and you deserve to expect the same privacy and respect as you would at home.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #16
tnka trk,
Looks like I need some offroad lights on my TV!!! Sounds exactly like something I would do.
2013 Eagle Premier 365 BHS
2012 F-250 FX4 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel
5000# Super Springs
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
First i have to agree that if someone has enough disrespect to walk straight through your site then in most cases it'sonly going to escelate from confrontation. So I would agree with the temporary fencing strategy first then move into the fishing line tactic.

My second and favorite choice would be a sign, a large one at that states warning; toll road ahead, 1 beer for a one way shortcut to the swings or 12 pack for a daily pass, see grumpy man to pay toll.

Worst case is that most people might actually take you up on it but at least they are aware that you are annoyed by the passing through.

I can't stand the speeders in the campgrounds or the lack of respect that comes with some individuals out there with trespassing as I see it. I do find it more in state locations overa l though.

I pay for a site as do they and it's my property for the rental period.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
It seems to me I find more and more just clueless. Most people don't even realize there being disrespectful until you confront them. We've been lucky so far on the places we've visited, but if we run into problems, I have no problem confronting the issue.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #19
Originally Posted by clutch View Post

Amen to that one. :hihi:
now that's some funny stuff, that reminds my of when we went to NASCAR race in Ct and we had the streaker whom tripped over a piece of rope someone used to rope off there area.

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #20
Just returned from our first ever stay at a private campground. Our site was next to a well designated walkway that allowed access from other rows of sites to the bathrooms. We had a continual parade of people taking a shortcut through our site to get to the bathrooms, we are talking about at least 20 people just in the first hour we were set up, even people walking under the awning. We were sitting outside with some friends when a whole family with marshmallo sticks in hand started to pass through, I said " can I help you" they all stopped and stared at me with a "deer in headlights look". My friends said, oh don't mind them, they are nice and everybody does is. I realized that many people just don't understand the campground etiquete. My daughter created some nice signs on the back of paper plates that indicated to please use the walkway. Worked pretty well. One fell down and the parade began again. My observation is that everyone seemed to do it, no matter what site you were at, ours was just a lot worse because of the location. Other that this, we had a great time camping. Just have to accept that you will be packed in like sardienes in a can. I think we will stick with state campgrounds, just a lot more space. I know, people will walk through you site there too, but not as much.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote