Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
I had DirectV on the roof and seems like everytime I turned it on I was under a tree or something... Went with the portable dish after that and do what ROB above did. Ran two RG 6 cables from the portable dish dual LMB - one to the living room area and the other to the bedroom area. Connected to SAT RCVRS at both locations then ran video out to the HDTVs... Like ROB_FLA says you can switch between SAT TV- OTA TV- PARK CABLE TV and never leave your easy chair using the TV REMOTE..

When I was using DirecTV on the road using my house account I had no problems whatsoever. Sometimes I had to call DirectV or go to their web site and reactivate my SAT RCVR I brought along from the house. Sometimes when I unplugged it it lost its activation. So be sure to have your acct info with you if plan on doing this. I taped all of my info on each SAT RCVR. DirecTv was very good folks to work with and you turn off the service a couple times a year for up to six months if you need to. I imagine DISH does all the same things...

Then when the National Broadcast digital TV came along from all of the local towns so I stopped bring out SAT altogether after that. Using my OTA BATWING antenna we pick up 6-36 digital full blown full screen HDTV just about everywhere we go here on the East side of the US... These are what we want watch anyway and when the urge really gets for the cable TV shows then we can always use the internet to downstream them. Even when we are at regular camp sites with CABLE HOOKUP we still use the OTA BATWING antenna to pull in the high def full screen HDTV signals form the local towns.. Works out good for us... Once you watch digital HDTV its hard to go back to analog TV like comes from the camp ground cable hookups.

Roy Ken

Roy and Carolyn
I claim Horse Creek Country in Southern Ill - Momabear is from North Texas
We live in King George VA

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
Cable hook up on TT

New to the Jayco world. I just picked up an 07 Jay Feather Exp 254. It has the cable hook up on it. Does Directv work on that hook up or will I have to run my Satellite cable in through a window?

lz1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
If you have a coaxial cable on the dish, that should connect to your outside coaxial connection which will bring the signal into your inside connection. The inside connection will connect to your converter box and from there to your TV.
That would be my understanding.

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
Sounds good I'll give it a try this weekend.
lz1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
I've had both DirecTV and Dish. No real problems with either. Currently have Dish - they gave me the best price.

2014 Golden Burgundy Seneca 37FS
Zinkow is offline   Reply With Quote