Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Question Dirty Clothes - what to do?

Ok guys and gals - dirty clothes....what a pain.

So share your tips/tricks on how you handle your dirty clothes, especially with kids along.

We leave for a campout all nice and neat, clothes hung, and by the time we are mid way into the trip it seems like clothes are a mess. There are 4 of us in a 26BH so there is really not that much extra room for a hamper. Each person has a dedicated area - kids have top/bottom of bunk cabinet. Adults each have wardrobe. We end up stuffing dirty items into a bag in our respective cabinets, but that can get smelly after a couple of days.

So - what are your tips/tricks with dealing with dirty clothes?

2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Site Team
Lucky for me I have a 5er....dirty clothes end up in the tool box in the bed of the TV.

2016 Chevy LTZ - Duramax/Allison
2008 Eagle 30.5BHS
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
We are fortunate to have a built in dirty clothes hamper in the bathroom of our 5th wheel. We can go about 4-5 days before we have filled it up.
Me, DW & our Choc Lab, Ghirardelli

2013 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4WD CC Dually 6.6L Diesel Allison Trans
2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS
Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
If you have a vacuum in the camper, get some space bags, fill'em up and vacuum out the air. They're not going to smell, take up far less room (maybe even put them under the dinette seat). It'll take a little more time out of the day, but maybe the kids would think it's fun and do it for you?
Karl - Southeast, NY
2011 Jayco Super Lite 30.5 BHLT
2003 Ford F250 Lariat 6.0 PowerStroke Turbo Diesel My mods Bathroom Door Water Filter TV mount Cork Board
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
Site Team
We keep a laundry basket on the floor in front of our bed and when it fills up, we pack the laundry into those soft-sided, canvas travel bags. Then, out to the truck they go. When we had the pop-up (and kids) we used the laundry bag I had when I was in the Army.

When we travel for more than a week, then we usually have a laundry day sometime on the weekend (or a rainy day). If there's a laundromat at the campground, we do laundry there. If not, we take a ride into the nearest town. Laundromats are usually not too difficult to find.
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT -- 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
We keep a hamper in the bathroom. There is enough room beside the sink that it can sit there and not be in the way of anything. This hamper can last the 5 of us about 4 days. After that, we have to start looking for another place to stash them or find a laundry mat. Though that is unusual as we don't normally camp more than a few days at a time except for the county fair and vaca. One of the things we really liked about the 32BHDS was the size of the bathroom. Our previous camper had a really small bathroom and I hated it. Of course, 2 years of ownership and we only camped in that camper 2 nights.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
We are new to camping and have only camped weekends so far but we have a big duffel bag that we keep under the kitchen table. We eat outside at the picnic table so it is out of the way there. Not sure what we'll do when we go all week.
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
familybonding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
Site Team
I take enough clothes for 8 days. We wash once a week on extended trips. Dirty clothes go in a bedroom hamper and in plastic bags and stored in the camper storage or back seat of the truck till wash day.
None of this applies to my wife except the once a week washing.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
We have one of those calapsable hampers we keep them in. The Cedar Creek has a place perfect for this up front in the closet.
Dewayne & Judy
2006 Chev 2500 D/A, LBZ, CC, 4x4, SRW, SB
2008 Cedar Creek 30RKTS W/3 slide
PullRite 18k Superglide
Bainbridge, Ga. Extreme Southwest Georgia
Retired: Dewayne 04-22-2010, Judy 01-2011
Mudflaps Camping Club Website http://mudflaps.freeforums.org
A local camping club for S Al, S Ga, N Fl campers
ldlogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
You all are working too hard. Just toss them and then you have the perfect excuse to go SHOPPING!

Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote