Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #21

Do you cook inside your TT?

I think it's crazy that someone's getting free lodging and complaining. :-)

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #22

I'm with you Rob and Ed. We live in ours for about 9 months a year so we treat it like home. We do a lot of cooking outside on the grill but that is because we try and live where it is warm and dry outside.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #23

I guess I'm the last person that can make a comment about this topic, but...............We use our indoor kitchen all the time. After all, it is our house when we're not at home. We still don't use the bathroom, though, maybe for the same reason you don't use your kitchen--the smells!! The irony!! Happy Camping!!
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1stnau View Post
I guess I'm the last person that can make a comment about this topic, but...............We use our indoor kitchen all the time. After all, it is our house when we're not at home. We still don't use the bathroom, though, maybe for the same reason you don't use your kitchen--the smells!! The irony!! Happy Camping!!
LOL well we all have our own preferences! I have loved reading everyone's opinions on this topic! I usually end up using 2 stoves for most breakfasts so the TT would be too small as well for my taste.

CAMP ON!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #25

We cooked a full thanksgiving dinner in our our 302 fk the smells were great. Had to take tape measure to the store to find a turkey that would fit. On a Friday night when you are getting set up a dejurno pizza works good to get the kids fed.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I'm with you Rob and Ed. We live in ours for about 9 months a year so we treat it like home. We do a lot of cooking outside on the grill but that is because we try and live where it is warm and dry outside.
We still use our Webber Grill quite a bit for Chops, Steaks, Burgers and Chicken and then cook the side dishes (potatoes, vegetables, bread and such) inside.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #27

We cook outside, I have a 3 burner camp chef with a griddle and BBQ box that go on it. We have cooked a little inside but try to avoid it. No fish fry's inside that's for sure.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #28

We owned a brand new pop-up and never cooked inside it. We never even used the stove that you could take outside. We kept it so clean and shiny that we got 75% back when we traded it in for our brand new 2013 jayco jayflight swift. If you don't abuse it and clean it, it will last longer and be worth more if you trade it up in a few years. I am using the oven in the new trailer for muffins in the mornings, pizza and quick heat stuff. I boil water and reheat things on the inside stove and the microwave is good for reheating and popcorn. We have a electric fry pan, grill and crock pot we use outside. Cooking bacon and pancakes outside is a must..being outside first thing in the morning is the best part of camping.
Leigh and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnchuck100 View Post
We only cook non-greasy stuff in the trailer. No bacon or burgers.
Ditto
Old 07-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #30

All the rv's we have owned over the years (pop-up, 5'er, small tt,, camper, current 29' tt).... we have cooked on the stove! Tried bacon once (m-a-n-y years ago!) and learned quickly never to do greasy food (neither of us like to clean grease)! We have kept ALL of our rv's maintained inside and out so... cooking on the stove should never be a selling issue (resale value)if you keep up with cleaning and maintanence

[afterthought.... we have never used the oven in our tt... only because we haven't needed to... so we use it for storage - selling point? LOL]
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
[afterthought.... we have never used the oven in our tt... only because we haven't needed to... so we use it for storage - selling point? LOL]
When we found our Pinnacle, it did not have a oven, had a convection microwave and drawers instead.

DW looked at me and said, No Oven, I said we never used our oven on our previous RVs, she said you are right.
We have not missed the oven at all !!!
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #32

Most of my camping is done during hunting seasons - early spring and fall - so the weather is not always conducive to cooking outdoors. I cook just about everything in my trailer, but use the range hood and open a window or vent for ventilation. My old trailer only had a cook top - no oven. I'm really looking forward to cooking my first DiGiorno frozen pizza in the oven of my new trailer while camping. One thing I have to say, though, nothing smells better in the crisp morning air than coffee and bacon cooking on the ol' Coleman!