Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #1

Eagle TT pic conversation

Hi Bob,

nice collection!

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Won't be long now............

Ron (Augie)
2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA
2013 Ram Laramie 3500 (Dually)
Curt Q20 hitch
Raugustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ron,

The pic was taken at our local storage facility, the Eagle is the only TT I claim.

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #3

Sorry Bob,

Not sure what happen to my last post...something with the auto-save and page timing out. Let's try this again.....that's a great looking trailer, when I first started looking for trailers the dealer tried to sell me an 2007 Eagle RK with a King bed slide, I can't remember the number but it has a yellow sticker weight of 7200#. Boy, it was a really nice unit and very well maintained...they told me that towing this with the RAM Laramie was no problem...they even showed me that they had the same truck as mine and they towed it no problem. Not knowing what I do now I signed a deal with them and put done a sizeable deposit, however, I put a note at the bottom of the contract that this was all pending on whether my vehicle could haul the GVWR (unkown at the time) of this trailer safely. I discovered later that it was 9500# and I cancelled the deal. As for the 2014 Ram 1500 not sure I would venture into a new engine in it's first years of ops., just look at the Ford Ecoboost, many issues at the cost of the consumers time, small engine for such big loads, still not sure how this will play out over time. I do know that Ram is spending much research with aerodynamics and reduction of weight, lightening the frame the suspension the materials, such as the hoods and they are doing a good job. Their advertised mileage in Canada are way off the mark I remember that they advertised that the hemi could get 28 MPG in Canada, that's with an Imperial gallon, 4.5 liters not a US gallon. Funny thing is the computer only reads in Litres/100 KM or US gallons. I believe my next truck will be a 3/4 ton, I really have no dedication to OEM's other than they must be US trucks and a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raugustin View Post
Hi Bob,

nice collection!

Ron

Ron (Augie)
2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA
2013 Ram Laramie 3500 (Dually)
Curt Q20 hitch
Raugustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ron,

Yeah, the Eagle's in their day were heavy TT's. My '05' Eagle had a published UVW of 6,915lbs, but when loaded for camping the CAT scale puts me at about 8,400lbs (GVWR 9,000lbs). Based on my personal towing expectations I wouldn't want anything less than my 2500HD TV.

I purchased my Eagle new back in '05' and it has treated me pretty good over the years, and don't have any intentions of selling it in the short term....., but I do like the 2013 Eagle 298RLDS and 328RLTS.

I agree that Dodge has been aggressive with their Ram line-up and producing some nice tow vehicles. I've been a GM truck guy for years, but if I was going to up-grade my TV the Ram would definitely have to be considered.

I started a thread on the new Ram 1500 Turbo diesel here: http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...L-Turbo-Diesel

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote