Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #1

First RV Show

Just back from our first ever RV show (Boston) – a lot of fun, but also overwhelming. I’m very thankful we settled on our TT before the show because my simple mind would be on information overload otherwise. The show reinforced how happy we are that we went with Jayco. IMHO the quality of the Jayco products puts a lot of other manufacturers to shame. Of the non-Jayco products we looked at I lost count of the number of doors/drawers that were simply stapled together, and the amount of flex I felt in the floor when walking through some of them was scary – that’s what you get with thin OSB though.

We were also amazed at how many campgrounds there are in the New England area, but I guess we haven’t noticed them in the past as we haven’t been looking for them. It will be fun, and probably a bit overwhelming too, going through the brochures we picked up today and deciding where we’d like to stay.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #2

We ordered in advance for the same reason as you. I knew that it would be just way to overwhelming to try to make a decision with so much going on. We are going to the RV Show in Springfield MA.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #3

We enjoy going to RV shows even though we have no intention of buying. Love to see what's new and also maybe pick up an idea or two on how to modify our own unit. Also, it's a good way to spend a cold, winter day and start thinking about the upcoming camping season. We have gone to the St. Louis RV Show for the last 9 or 10 years and then hit the "smaller" shows in our area.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #4

Check out Normandy Farm, a privately owned campground near Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. Lots to do for the whole family, huge dog park. We have been there twice. Last time was 2008 or 9. We drove to a commuter station and made use of the transit system that included harbour ferries and walked the City of Boston.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #5

Bought mine right before the Tampa RV show as well.
We still went to the show and spent time looking at all the booths

Tom
2015 Eagle 324BHTS
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 DirtyMax
Redhorse 823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #6

We bought ours about a month after the RV show. I find the shows great for research. You can look at so many models with minimal pestering from salesman.

I found Jayco to be the best for the money. Not perfect but my budget doesn't allow for perfect.