Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
Yeah - unfortunately leaving those gas cans out now is like leaving $25 lying on the ground....too tempting for some idiot to come by and take it.

If it were me (being the dubious person I am), I would put one gallon of gas in the can (for smell) and then 4 gallons of water and leave it right back out there for them.
This is an incredible idea!!! talk about instant karma! just don't forget which can the water is in :hihi:
lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecamping View Post
This is an incredible idea!!! talk about instant karma! just don't forget which can the water is in :hihi:
They used to use sugar instead of water to get rid of gas thieves. The guy with a vehicle that won`t run the next day is your culprit.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #23

Laptop, firewood, beer, 5 hp air compressor, small mig welder, those solar lantern lights, stuff out of the garden those ornament things, does boating stuff count, big list there too.

Guess i don't lock things down too well, kinda have blind faith in people even to this day, foolish me perhaps.

Helped my buddy last month, he, his wife and kid were living in their car, so after about 1500 to get them straigtened out, he steals from me, item around 50 bucks. Nice eh

It's a fact of life I guess, gotta lock stuff down, given the economy, it will get worse, people need money to live on and they will get it one way or the other.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #24

Doesn't sound like much of a buddy.

Well, I just posted in a new thread that I was the victim of a random act of kindness. The camp host where I'm at now got some water for me and pumped it into my fresh water tanks. So I'm feeling better about the people of this world.

To explain, when I first arrived here, I went to the camp host at the nearby camp to ask if I could take some water, even though I wasn't camping there (I'm boondocking nearby).

He said yes, but I had to get it the old fashioned way... with a big old manually operated water pump. I guess him and his wife felt sorry for me, seeing me pump that lever up and down for 20 minutes, just to get few gallons of water. LOL
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote