Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #21

I made it back home yesterday afternoon, only to find more work to do. Had to mow two lawns, and still haven't unhooked my Jayco from my Dodge. But that's ok. It'll be a quick escape when I decide to go camping next time.

I found a minor issue with the fresh water tanks. New, I think for 2011, the 26BH TTs have a pair of water tanks instead of just one, with a total of over 90 gallons capacity. The pump intake is in the front tank, and there's a bypass between the two tanks that allows the water from the rear to flow to the front tank.

Problem is, that the bypass fittings are positioned on the sides of the tanks, and when all the water is pumped out of the front, there's still a couple of inches left in the rear. I ran the pump until the faucets sputtered, so I figured that the tanks were empty and it was ok to travel. But I noticed a lot more sway in the trailer when pulling, and after thinking about it I checked the tanks for water. And that's when I found the leftover water in the rear tank. It was sloshing from side to side, causing the sway.

I drained all the water out through the low point drains, which solved the sway. And looking at the plumbing, I realized that if I connected the low point drain hoses (with fittings at the bottom of the tanks), I'd be able to pump out all the water from both tanks.

I talked to the service manager where I bought the TT, and he said his shop wouldn't have a problem with my tinkering with the drain plumbing, but advised me to keep the original plumbing on hand, to install in case I had to take the trailer to another dealer for service.

Other than that and the fan speed problem, my maiden voyage was a success. Next time I head out, I won't be working during the days, so I'll be able to enjoy the camping experience a little more.

Have a good one,
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #22

I'll make the coffee if you bring the pie , we use a Mr Coffee , its a small 4 cup so most days I make 2 pots , but its easy to store
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #23

Hey Smoker Bill, like the music choice, nothing like a little Deadly Tedly to get you going. Whitetail bow season is in full swing up here in Michigan and the rock stations are starting to play Fred Bear on a pretty regular basis.
RedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #24

ahhh yes, it is that time of the year again... "Locked, ****ed, and ready to rock doc" = my favorite Uncle Ted quote...

Home base... Hondo, Texas

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2009 Ford FX4
4 Point Equil-i-zer hitch
https://www.armadillotimes.com
Hondopatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #25

Gotta love the Nuge--

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post

Albertaguy, a percolator sounds like the wisest choice for me right now. I plan to boondock, so it'll be just the ticket.

Thanks for the tips. Right now I'm getting stuff together for my apple pie. Gonna take my mom out there and fix her dinner this evening. And she might even spend the night.
Have you seen the Coleman Camp Coffee Maker? It is a drip style that goes on the stove. Being single I make a pot then throw it into a stainless thermos.. lasts all day.
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #27

I am on my second coleman and they are awesome. They work great.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #28

Thanks. I checked out the Coleman and it looks pretty nice. But I'm thinking more on the lines of an actual, old time percolator. I saw a few on Amazon, even one that Coleman makes.

As far as the Nuge goes, I agree with all the comments thus far...
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #29

Smokerbill,

Our Jayco Jay Flight 26rls will be shipped from Indiana the first week of Nov. We are in AZ so it could take awhile. We are getting really excited to get it. Seeing your photos make us wanting to camp more. Thank you for sharing.

As far as a coffee maker we use a stove top perculator. I use square paper filters in the basket for easy clean up. We have had this one for several years and love it.

http://www.gsioutdoors.com/products/...p_perc/coffee/

Here is another one I found that may work for you and free shipping.

http://www.homevillage.us/18ststcomape.html

Hope this helps. I do miss my camping days since we dropped off our trade in camper last Friday at the dealer.

Mary Anne
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote