Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #11
Originally Posted by dougtoms01 View Post
I do not.
The websites now are pretty good and many will have pictures of the sites, how far away from bath houses etc.
Kim probably sounds like she could recommend something.

Kind regards,
Hocking Hills SP does not have pictures of the sites, though like most SP's (that I have been to) they do have the dimensions and description. I've sometimes found web sites where people have done an amazing job of putting up some pictures and descriptions of some of the better or more desirable sites. I've not found anyone that's done that for Hocking Hills SP. I usually go around and take pictures of other sites I'd like to stay at in the future when camping. Never been to this SP so I'm not really sure the "best" sites. For sure being somewhat close to hiking trails and a playground is what I'll be shooting for.

- Justin

Jayco Jayfeather 2012 X20E
jbwjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Here's a link to the SP and campground map.
I know that Lake Rose is very nice. Secluded beautiful lake that you must walk to.
I would think site 70-75 and 140-150 would all be good sites.
Also, site near the path to Old Mans Cave would be convenient to walk over to one of the best attractions in the area.
There is about 7 SP's within a 10 miles radius.
My favorites are Old Mans Cave and Cedar Falls. In this SP you are next door to Old Mans Cave and about 2-3 miles from Cedar falls.
Rock House SP is also very cool and Conkles Hollow, Conkles Hollow has a trail along the upper rim which is scary with small children.

Best regards,

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
Hi jbwjbw, ... was there last September.
Originally Posted by jbwjbw View Post
Hocking Hills SP does not have pictures of the sites ...
Here are pictures of our site - I think 54. We reserved 70, but no one was there so we moved.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2915.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	6962 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2917.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	6963
The playground is on the other end of the CG. The sites were all nice. You will find one you like. Hocking Hills IMO is one of Ohio's best. Be sure and check out all the attractions - although some are a drive from the CG. The trails are excellent to the point people come from quite a distance for hiking.

We were late in the year so the pool was closed, but it looked nice. Rock House, Old Man's Cave, Cantwell Cliffs are all must see places. ... bring comfortable shoes.

I don't know if you are familiar with OH SP CG's, but this sites and facilities are typical. The surrounding area is completely different than anywhere else in OH I have ever been. We look forward to our next trip there. ... hope you enjoy it - at least as much as we have enjoyed MI SP's.

OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote