Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #1

October

Just because October is over doesn't erase the scars from those affected by breast cancer, nor does it ease the dread of living through a recurrence. Survivors live with it 24/7/365. Cancer survivors are heroes, living testaments of courage fueled by the spirits of those who fought the brave fight before them and now rest in a peaceful painless place where cancer never wins.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #2

Well said.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #3

Very eloquent.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #4

Amen to that.
Back in Jan 2000, at age 42, the doctors diagnosed me with CLL Leukemia. They said there is no cure for this cancer, and I will die from it. They said to expect in 10 years time to have chemo to delay the inevitable for maybe 5 more years. Well, almost 12 years have passed. My white blood count is now 25 times normal, and not yet needing the chemo. Three years ago, I retired early because I didn’t have the energy to keep up with my job. That was a great decision, because the stress reduction has been beneficial. In recent years, my attitude has been, what fun adventure can we do next? Buying the TT last year was a bucket list item, and the wife and I have a long list of camping destinations we need to explore! I fully intend to prove the doctor wrong about my demise.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #5

David, thanks for sharing that with us. I had testicular cancer with a large tumor in my abdomen and one under my right clavicle. Chemo took care of these. I was very lucky. For a year afterward I attended a stress reduction class at the cancer agency. It made a huge difference for me. I worked in a hospital for 25 years and never thought I would get sick myself. I'm sure you'll find trailering very rewarding. Like yourself my energy levels have to be managed. Learn to take things a little slower. They are making new discoveries in cancer all the time. I hope that you'll never need the chemo but if you do know that the new drugs make it much more manageable. Good luck David.
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #6

I beat Renal Cell Kidney Canser 15 years ago. God has given me a second chance in life.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
Site Team

My mother has been courageously battling lung cancer for several years now. The chemo almost killed her and they had to stop it. But some other new radical drugs that work well with non smokers who have the less aggressive LC have been promising.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #8

A friend of mine who had cancer recently went on an experimental drug that wasn't covered by medical. It cost him 30 grand but fortunately he is a wealthy person. The cancer had gone to his liver and now he is doing well. They didn't expect him to live and just the other day he went to his usual winter hang out in Desert Hot Springs. There is always hope. It made me so happy for him.
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #9

We are in our 4th week of radiation treatments. About a month after we got our Greyhawk the DW was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had 2 surgeries before we got clear margins and now the radiation. The camping season is almost over and we have been too busy to enjoy it very much, this year. But we are looking forward to many more years in the future, enjoying the Greyhawk together.
Jay Flight 26BH - traded for Greyhawk
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #10

Skin cancer freaked me out a few years back (still does actually). Close relatives/friends have passed with me at their side (grateful to have been part of their journey; sad to see them leave). Breast cancer rearing it's ugly head with SIL's mom, my aunt, and a neighbor as well as dealing with radiation with Don's uncle at the moment. Wow, I can't imagine anyone that can say they do not know someone dealing with this. Congrats Ernie!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods

Amen to that , this blog puts a different spin on things....http://annamanning.wordpress.com/
justpassin is offline   Reply With Quote