Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #1

Possible Trip To Eureka Springs Next Week

We've been planning to go somewhere for a month or so now, and had decided Eureka was good. We were going to head to Gatlinburg, but changed our mind due to what was going on over there.

My concern is the existing, and upcoming weather. No granted I've been in multiple rigs in over 13 years of doing this, have camped in the low teens, froze turd and gray tanks, drove on iced roads with rig in tow, etc etc.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out if a Eureka run would be worth the risk. Getting there might be ok (Traveling from home to there on 12/15. Getting back may be tricky, if the weather does what the forecasts I'm seeing.

Anybody from north Arkansas on here that can give me some realistic weather predictions for the latter part of next week. I know, it's all a guess, but I gotta ask.

We camp 12 months a year. There is no winterizing or storing rig. Have had rig covered in snow, and been in hurricanes as well. BUT, I'm getting older and tend to take less risks now.

That said, anybody with a Jay Flight have some of the lowest successful temps they've been in to post? I trusted my 07 Mobile Scout, which never froze anything in the low teens, BUT, the Jayco is a far cry from that rig in construction, quality and insulation.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote