Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #1

RV.net

I "frequent" three sites: Jayco Owners, Escapees and RV.net...

The last month or so, I am unable to post anything on RV.net; I have emailed them and received a standard reply "we are experiencing difficulties". Anyone else experiencing an issue with them?

Not that I have much to offer (I rarely have an original thought), but, I have learned from lots of mistakes and can share those experiences with others in similar situations...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #2

I haven't been having any issues with rv.net. Maybe your problem will correct itself.
I have had a problem with Escapees (I'm not a member). They have blocked the option on their forum to check for new messages. That link is now covered with a link to join Escapees. I don't frequent that site anymore.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #3

Once I found the Jayco site I rarely ever go over to rv.net - nothing against those guys, but it is really hard to get a good answer without folks bickering.

I say just grab a cold refreshment, a nice comfortable char, and make yourself comfortable right here

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #4

I've never had a problem with RV.Net. I check RV.Net every other day or so ever since we had our pup, but prefer this one much more. This one I check everyday. People seem friendlier here.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #5

And you certainly don't want to ask any question over there about towing capacity. The weight police immediately come out from everywhere.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 04-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
Site Team

They have been having technical issues on and off for months. But lately I have not had any problems.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #7

I go there once in a while to see what the new issue/fight is about. I like it here and on the Montana owners forum. The members are just nicer here.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #8

I agree that this site is a lot friendlier; here we all have an additional common interest (Jayco). On RV.net, I have actually used the "ignore" button on a knucklehead or two. I do chuckle at some of the weight-police threads.
Escapees has its own flavor too...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #9

The compliments shared in this thread regarding Jayco Owners Forum feels good and are welcomed! The mods/admins have received a number of PM's in the recent past sharing these encouraging sentiments

The mods/admin here work hard trying to be diligent at keeping a friendly, family sorta feeling (we are all part of the Jayco family afterall ) Occasionally though, in order to keep this site inviting to members we have to delete or edit posts that use profane language, become argumentative within a thread, or attack/demean another person. Additionally and for the most part, members here do well sharing their experiences to provide options/ideas rather than espressing that there way is the only right way. Because of this, more folks post without fear of being berated.

Personally, I don't like "drama" at some of the general rv forums out there. I return to the "rv forum" because I like the info found in their 'library' and use it to share as a resource for others here at our forum.

Sorry Shin Pond, I can't comment on logging into rv.net as I don't visit the site anymore... I was put off by being "jumped" on for asking questions when shopping around for our new tt (weight police amongst others there can be brutal!) . Hope you can get your log-in issues resolved there
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #10

I have to agree with others. Visiting here to me is like putting on an old pair of shoes. It just feels good right away.
Keep up the good work all.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #11

I am new to the entire experience of TT and I will say that I started at RV.net but now rarely go to the site. The weight police jumped all over anything I asked. Here, everyone is very friendly and always offering advice. On this site people don't create more problems but give you many solutions that may or may not work. We just bought our trailer and this site has made the experience easier.

Thank You.
bertscampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Site Team

I agree much easier to post here. If you want drama over there, just look into threads about Chinese generators, Buying from an internet dealer or local (I`ve gone a few rounds on that never ending debate), Towing with a marginal TV (weight police), Ford 6.0 diesels, WD hitches and who has the best, Walmart camping, firearms in RV`s, Dumping grey water on ground, and so on. Here the most drama I have is trying to keep up with tafische!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #13

I also tried RV.net. Much nicer and less stressed here. I almost feel like I know some of you out there so here is where I will stay. We have a good thing going here.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Rolly Send a message via Yahoo to Rolly
Thanks guys for all the positive posting about the site and the members. I run 3 differnet sites and this is by far the friendliest site I am an admin on thanks to all the staff and members.

'75 Dodge Class A Motorhome AKA "The Getto" :eek:
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #15

Please keep up the good work to all involved here.
Recently I posted details of a good experience with DirecTV here and on rv.net. On rv.net the facts as I reported them were attacked implying I didn't know what I discussed with DirecTV. I tried one more time to explain what happened and how positive the experience was. It didn't help, the attacks continued - I really didn't know what I was talking about and what was discussed with DirecTV.
I will admit I lost it and unloaded on the group. The last two words on my post were "good night". Believe it or not, there hasn't been one more post on that thread. Maybe the admin locked it. Either way I got my point across but I do like it here much better.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #16

IMO....

Within some forums (perhaps RV.Net and other large size forums), there's folks who's main mission in life is to circle above and when they don't like something, they purposely "dive down" and attack. They attack, abuse and must be the winner - even when they know they are wrong. Their inner souls are mean spirited, spiteful and they get an inner high feeling from puposely hurting others. They cannot do it physically. Thus, they hurt others emotionally instead. The larger size the forum, the more they love being watched - as they go "in for the kill". These folks were like that as kids. And, they will continue to be like that as adults. Sad to say but true....

I love this specific forum because its smaller in size (compared to others). With smaller size is most often "quality without drama". Quality contents increase because the folks want to help others. As some might say, "the givers - not the takers or the abusers". Hopefully, this forum stays small for many years. IMO, the smaller the size of forum, the higher quality of folks. Folks who simply want to help others - because someone helped them in their past... "Pay it forward in a positve way" thing....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #17

Guess it is kind of like deciding if you want to live in the city or the country....both have merits, but it is a personal choice. I really dont want to say anything bad about rv.net because that is where I first joined as a newbie and got all my info to get started. There are some really good folks over there - so lets just leave it at - it is different.

Thanks Rolly and Healthi for all you do over here to make this enjoyable....and a little fun too!

PS -- What is that supposed to mean?
Quote:
Here the most drama I have is trying to keep up with tafische!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote