Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2015, 02:15 PM   #11
We've seen people clear a campsite of dead leaves - using a gas-powered leaf blower! We've seen people start their campfires with blow torches. We've had to report people running their generators at the wrong times, so their kids could watch cartoons. "But my grandson is asthmatic," one woman said, and we asked why, then, she had brought him to a Forest Service campground that's very, very dusty.

Me, I'm a writer, so I just make notes about these people, and sooner or later, they'll show up in a novel. Meantime, we agree: half funny, half sad.

Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
When I camp, I want to relax and spend time with family. I want to enjoy the great outdoors and commune with nature. If I have to have all the conveniences of home, I'll just camp in my driveway...

Ron, Barbara & rescues Beamer (Lab mix), Buddy (Cavalier spaniel), Ruger (Golden retriever), Stanley (Bassett/Springer mix) and 3 grandsons
2012 Jayco Feather 29L BH
2015 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax and Equalizer WDH
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #13
………..Its why some of the best camping was when we had no cell phone service, no TV, no Wifi, and little radio……………..and to add to that, NO Air Conditioniing!
When I camped with my parents in the 60's, in the summer, at the beach in N.C., everyone was outside, sitting around, talking, swatting mosquitoes, and getting to know each other. Hardly anyone had airconditioning, and it they did, it was probably a window unit stuck in the side somewhere. We made friendships that lasted for years to come. Still, some of todays modern conveniences are a nice touch! Kind of funny, Our 5'er we have now is two-thirds as long as the mobile home we lived in for 3 years after we got married! It didn't have AC either! But, we survived!
Randy, Karen & Abby (Pom-a-Poo)
2014 Eagle HT 27.5RLTS
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #14
After our first trip I removed our television. We don't go camping to watch the idiot box, I can stay home and do that.

I kinda hate smartphones, people get plugged in and don't see the world around them. A couple weeks ago a lady left the build staring into her phone, who knows doing what. Walk across the parking lot, down the stairs never looking up, went to walk across the street, again never looking up, and walked into the back quarter panel of a moving bus. Only thing she said was hurt was her pride.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #15
Site Team
It rained all night here. This morning I looked out and saw the car next to me with 2 windows down. I knocked on the MH door at 8 and 9am. No response. At 11:30 someone came out and rolled them up.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote