Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #31
Originally Posted by chuckandcindy View Post
Awesome response to my post people! I may be more confused now than I was before. Thanks for the great and spirited dialogue. BTW Bassdogs as long as you don't drink up your liquor cabinet on a daily basis you're good!
Well them I'm good. Personally I gave up spirits about 10 years ago. Totally cold turkey for 6 years but have allowed myself a couple margarita's a couple times a year. My point on this thread though is simple, unless you are a hermit credit cards make life go a lot smoother and like chainsaws are perfectly safe if you treat them with respect and use them wisely. I believe that if you travel, you need a back up card that is used on a very limited basis and held as an emergency back up. I say limited usage, because an inactive card [no charges for several billing cycles] will attract immediate attention if all of a sudden a bunch of charges show up 900 miles from your billing address. That's why I chose to use our internet card for fuel on our trip last winter. Unfortunately that led to a cloned card and that account being blocked too. Message here was gas stations are not safe and the manager at the offending station suggested that he tells his wife to always go inside and not use pay at the pump. With a bathroom break planned anyway, going inside is only a minor delay. If you use cash, you have to go inside anyway.

PS: I tend to think and speak using examples, thus the booze and chainsaw comments. Helps me and hopefully others get my point.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote