Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Site Team

The blues when leaving the CG

Does anyone else get the Blues when leaving a Campground to go home? We usually check out close to the checkout time and what was a vibrant, full CG with kids playing and folks gathering, eating, campfires, activities, etc. is suddenly an empty quiet park with the weekend a memory and we have to go home (and to work). I know for fulltimers and/or retired this may not be the case as you can leave when ever you want or just go to the next stop on the list. But Crabman gets kinda sad when pulling out to go home with the scene I just described..... Anyone else or just me?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #2

We're on a seasonal site and come Sunday afternoon it gets so quiet it's almost spooky.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #3

Everything you just described is exactly how I feel. I love the excitement, fun and laughter, when your pulling into the cg on Friday afternoon, but how quickly Sunday lunch comes and the only thing left is packing up and driving home with 3 exhausted kids that will cry about anything. Then the joy of going to work the next morning. It's a good thing that Friday feeling is so good, because I'm starting to get depressed.... Maybe I should take a vacation!
LET'S GO CAMPING!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #4

We seasonal camped for ten years and most weekends we felt just like that. Now we're retired and everything has changed - no more going to work the next day!
llerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
snip.......is suddenly an empty quiet park....snip
I'm the bow-tie coming in as the weekenders are departing!

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
I'm the bow-tie coming in as the weekenders are departing!

Bob
Lucky devil! Don`t rub it in now.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #7

Sallie and I celebrate when the working class has to leave after a big weekend. We usually spend Monday---Friday on our river lot and go home Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. No noisy neighbors, no boats, no jet skis, no motorcycles, no dogs, no ATV's, no mowers running, no weed wackers, no- - - - - - -well you get the idea.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #8

We blessed to live on a 10,000 acre lake and we have two rules regarding holiday weekends:

1. Don't get the boat out and go on boat ride or fishing
2. Don't get the RV out and go camping

Just too much activity, we prefer the solitude and quiet peaceful life style. Our favorite camping time is early spring and fall, nice weather, all the worker bees @ work and we get to enjoy the birds singing.

But yes, oh yes, do I ever remember the Friday to Sunday weekend jaunts and then the grind back to work as we had to make some dough to feed the kids. We often added a vacation day and camped Thursday to Sunday. That way we had an extra day to unwind. Great memories for us and the rug rats that they, even though grown, still talk about when visiting.

So worker bees - enjoy your weekends and please keep my SS check coming!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #9

Crabman, I feel your pain.....I know exactly how you feel. I retired once and couldn't stand it so I went back to work 8/5, M/F and do my camping on the weekends but in less than two years will retire again...this time I will retire in May so I can at least go when I want all RV season...then as I know I will, go back to work in November...this time only 20 hours per week. The vacant campground can almost bring a tear to the ol' eyes sometimes.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #10

I have a slightly different perspective. Though I thouroghly enjoy camping while we are there, I do still get an adreniline rush at the whole process of the hookup and towing in general. I never towed anything before our 19bh, so I havent been towing very long. About 10 months and 1500 miles under my belt thus far. Towing itself is still new to me and a challenge that I enjoy whether its heading to the cg or heading home.

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote