Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #2901

Gotta post pictures or it did not happen!
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #2902

Brought it home after a weekend out. Long to-do list this week, lots of cleaning to do before our next trip! I'm not even taking it back to storage!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #2903

Checked the tire air pressures, got everything packed and loaded for a short journey south. Will hook up to the TV soon and start my 70 mile drive.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #2904

Put a new winter cover on. Did a great job yesterday in a windy rain storm very happy with it. this is my second Classic Accessories cover put the first one on a cabover camper
Wife and tucker the fishing dog
starcraft69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:39 AM   #2905

As soon as the sun comes up I will check tire pressures, install TPMS sensors, unhook external propane tank, and then start stowing all internal "stuff" for travel. Tomorrow morning I'm heading to Ft. Wilderness for Christmas. I will spend two nights getting there and the second night my daughter and her family will meet up with me in south Georgia in their MH. It is going to be a great week and Christmas at Disney with the grandchildren.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:06 AM   #2906

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
As soon as the sun comes up I will check tire pressures, install TPMS sensors, unhook external propane tank, and then start stowing all internal "stuff" for travel. Tomorrow morning I'm heading to Ft. Wilderness for Christmas. I will spend two nights getting there and the second night my daughter and her family will meet up with me in south Georgia in their MH. It is going to be a great week and Christmas at Disney with the grandchildren.
I am jealous. I so want to hit the road but we are moving. We close on the house Monday. So, I will be packing and hauling.

Have a great Christmas and burn a few logs for the rest of us stuck at home.

P.S. What TPMS did you go with?
360 degree Virtual Tour
Old 12-16-2015, 06:30 AM   #2907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
I am jealous. I so want to hit the road but we are moving. We close on the house Monday. So, I will be packing and hauling.

Have a great Christmas and burn a few logs for the rest of us stuck at home.

P.S. What TPMS did you go with?
I have the TST 507 system. I bought it almost 5 years ago and love it. I have 8 sensors and leave the ones on my truck all the time, but I remove the ones on my 5'er when I'm parked for any extended period to save the batteries. Pressure activates the sensor transmitter. Am I saving much battery life by removing them? I have no idea, but it can't hurt. And this way I get to verify the sensor pressure agrees with my pressure gauge when I install them again for a trip.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 12-16-2015, 06:51 AM   #2908

As soon as the sun comes up, I'll be loading a few things into the truck, packing stuff inside the TT for travel, then leaving the Imperial Dam LTVA. After stopping in Yuma for a few supplies, I'll be heading down to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument for a few days (or more) of camping.

I'm glad I left the TT hooked up to the TV when I arrived here a couple days ago. It'll make leaving so much easier. I just have to raise all the jacks and go!
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:48 AM   #2909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
As soon as the sun comes up, I'll be loading a few things into the truck, packing stuff inside the TT for travel, then leaving the Imperial Dam LTVA. After stopping in Yuma for a few supplies, I'll be heading down to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument for a few days (or more) of camping.

I'm glad I left the TT hooked up to the TV when I arrived here a couple days ago. It'll make leaving so much easier. I just have to raise all the jacks and go!
I arrived at an RV park yesterday for the night on my way to Ft. Wilderness. When I unhooked my 5'er I raised the landing gear to take the load off of my truck and pulled out as normal. Then checked the level of the 5'er and found that it was perfect without any change from when unhooking. This will make hooking back up nice.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:50 AM   #2910

Loaded up some groceries, brought the slide in, drained a little off the fresh water tank (I'm working on a pump problem and needed it full, but I don't want to haul it that way!), brought the stabs up, lined up the truck. Now all I have to do is pack my shaving kit, and drop her down on the hitch, connect up and off we go! Gotta get through a half-day at the office first though...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I have the TST 507 system. I bought it almost 5 years ago and love it. I have 8 sensors and leave the ones on my truck all the time, but I remove the ones on my 5'er when I'm parked for any extended period to save the batteries. Pressure activates the sensor transmitter. Am I saving much battery life by removing them? I have no idea, but it can't hurt. And this way I get to verify the sensor pressure agrees with my pressure gauge when I install them again for a trip.
I see no reason why TPMS are not an option from the factory. Thanks for the feedback.
360 degree Virtual Tour
Old 12-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #2912

Not directly to my Jayco, but used a shovel and rake to spread about 2 tons of crushed stone to expand and do some leveling to the parking pad beside my driveway, in preparation for our new Jay Feather 23RLSW that's coming in January. We traded in the SLX 165RB, and need more parking space for the new one - it's a foot wider and about 8' longer.

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
...used a shovel and rake to spread about 2 tons of crushed stone to expand and do some leveling to the parking pad beside my driveway, in preparation for our new Jay Feather 23RLSW that's coming in January...
Totally relate! A few weeks ago, we cut down 3 trees, 4 shrubs, ground the stumps, then we added 40 tons of gravel and a used a Bobcat to prepare a nearly level pad for our Jayco Eagle 31.5RLTS.

As for today, I replaced the fixed thermostats in our Atwood digital controlled automatic HW Heater (60c and 82c). Instructions did not call for it, but I used thermal compound between the sensors and the HW tub to ensure accurate contact and reading.

I also installed bug screens on the HW heater exhaust port and both the refrigerator and freezer vents. Kits came with only two mini tye-wraps per screen, needed 5 each (had extras). The springs that hold the HW vent in place were lame, so if 4 tye-wraps don't work (or melt), I will use thin solid wire next.

On the inside of the unit, I spot cleaned stains and wear patterns from the slides in the carpet, then steam cleaned all carpet inside the camper. Ran all blowers and exhaust fans in camper to dry, then vacuumed again to produce a very clean look throughout. Restocked toilet paper in bathroom (4 rolls) and swept all floors. Reprogrammed TV for local AIR stations after last trip a different TV broadcast area.

On the outside, cleaned the bike rack and stowed for winter. Verified all chocks in place and stabilizers tight. Set fireplace heater thermostat for 64, leaving it on 24/7 throughout the winter, wondering if the motor for the flames will handle that?

Read the plumbing winterizing section of the manual (2 options for me) and plan to Winterize tomorrow as temps finally dipping to freezing at night in NC.
JSumeracki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:26 AM   #2914

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Not directly to my Jayco, but used a shovel and rake to spread about 2 tons of crushed stone to expand and do some leveling to the parking pad beside my driveway, in preparation for our new Jay Feather 23RLSW that's coming in January. We traded in the SLX 165RB, and need more parking space for the new one - it's a foot wider and about 8' longer.
Congrats!!!
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:27 AM   #2915

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSumeracki View Post
Totally relate! A few weeks ago, we cut down 3 trees, 4 shrubs, ground the stumps, then we added 40 tons of gravel and a used a Bobcat to prepare a nearly level pad for our Jayco Eagle 31.5RLTS.
Other than that, not a thing to do! Seriously, you put me to shame.

Seems a little lonely out there, as the parking pad is empty. Our 'old' 165RB has already gone to the dealer, and we won't pick up the new 23RLSW until after Jan. 1.

Our best to you from PA, where it has suddenly gotten seasonably cold. Question is, will it stay that way?

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #2916

Unlocked it, turned on the TV and BluRay, fired up the furnace and the DW took it over as a Christmas present wrapping area. In the process, I found out my propane change over valve is not working. In Auto or manually switching it. So, I swapped the tanks from side to side to allow her to finish. Now off to amazon to look at my choices for new change over valves.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:52 PM   #2917

So I was checking under the rig and checking various things when I grabbed the front ABS sensor lead and it was rattling around, checked the other side and it was fine. On closer inspection the bolt holding the sensor to the hub was missing. Checked the other side and I was able to unscrew the bolt by hand.

Replaced both bolts and added some loctite. Need to check the rears.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:24 PM   #2918
Site Team

Bypassed and drained the water heater.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #2919

Picked up a new set of wiper blades & 9v batteries & a can of Rain-X. Rain-Xed the Headlights, windshield, & cab door windows. Changed the wipers & installed the 9v batteries. All should be well for another 6 months
Old 12-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #2920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinkow View Post
Picked up a new set of wiper blades & 9v batteries & a can of Rain-X. Rain-Xed the Headlights, windshield, & cab door windows. Changed the wipers & installed the 9v batteries. All should be well for another 6 months
Hope your headlights are glass, otherwise the Rain-X might etch the plastic over time. I recommend plastic safe wax (own a plane and am VERY particular about clear plastics remaining crystal clear for many years)
JSumeracki is offline   Reply With Quote