Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Stopped by the dealership for an update on repairs. I was told that they are waiting on parts from Jayco. Anyone know how long parts to ship from Jayco should take??

Dan

Do you believe the dealer has actually ordered the parts? Too many folks have been told dealer is "waiting on parts" when in fact, after they called Jayco to find out what the delay was, parts weren't ordered.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:27 PM   #3422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Dan

Do you believe the dealer has actually ordered the parts? Too many folks have been told dealer is "waiting on parts" when in fact, after they called Jayco to find out what the delay was, parts weren't ordered.
I'll call Jayco tomorrow with the VIN# and ask. Thanks for the idea. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too trusting!
Old 04-21-2016, 04:23 AM   #3423

Changed my fresh water hose before "she blows".

This hose has been in service for 9 months full time and has never seen pressure higher than 52 psi. I always have my pressure reducer on the spigot. It was a free hose that someone left on a campsite last year so I can't complain I guess. It was originally a 5/8" hose, but is closer to 3/4" now except where this blowout was about to occur.
Attached Thumbnails
20160420_072201.jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:23 AM   #3424

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
A TT on fire while traveling near Medicine Hat, AB and even started a grass fire.
My son in-law is a Tow Truck Driver and called me about it. Cause wasn't know at time yet. But propane on while traveling or a loose electrical wire rubbing on metal will be a most likely cause. He didn't know what make and model it was. A lot of melted and bended aluminum.

After I removed my underbelly no wonder things like this can happen. Wires rubbing on the cross members. Propane connections and their system should be checked regular.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #3425

Took the Seismic 4212 that is always in shop to an truck alignment shop for bent axle. What next? Tire is chewed up on the outside on rear axle?
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #3426

Doesn't Quite Fit

We discovered that while the tinted plexiglass replacement for the window in the door fits perfectly, looks better than the old clear-but-textured glass - because it matches the other windows - and allows us to see out while not letting people look in ... the clear piece of plexi we ordered for the bottom part of the screen is off by 1/16th inch.

Our choices are to take it back to the place that cut it, and have them trim off that extra 1/16th, or do it ourselves with a palm sander. We checked with the shop and they said that would work. We think it would probably take about the same amount of time to do it ourselves as to go back to the shop, wait, and drive home, so we'll probably do it ourselves.

We also painted the plant anchors we attached so that the DW can hang decorative seasonal garlands on the trailer. We will be adding two more anchors when the welcome sign we ordered gets here and we know exactly where to position the hangers.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #3427

Over the past frw days I cleaned and inspected the roof. Washed the exterior. Checked the tires, propane, electrical and plumbing. Restocked toiletries and other paper essentials. Washed and loaded up the sheets, towels and blankets. Installed a wireless remote dimmer control for awning lights. Ordered a TPMS set up. Inventoried all other essential gear and prepared my list of "need-ums". All this and our first trip isn't happening until the children finish school in June!
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #3428

Pulled it into Spokane, WA late this morning, from my Airway Heights parking lot spaces I was at last night. Passed through Washington, into Idaho and stopped at the Cabela's in Post Falls. Bought a new RV 3-prong to 15 amp 120 VAC converter plug (not the pigtail type) for $4.99 + tax. Got to dump at their dump station for free since I was a customer- regular price for a dump- $5.00. Can I work it or what!?

Stopped by my neighbors-from-the-90's house and visited a little while, left, went to Walmart, where I am now, to get a few MORE things (beer included), and will be going back to my friends house and park it in their driveway for a day or two or three, and drink a few beers, which I haven't been doing much of at all lately, but decided that it's high time to get a little stupid for a change of pace.

Now that that run-on sentence is finished, I'm finished here too.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #3429

Finally emptied out the under-bed storage and vacuumed all the sand out from the recent Lake Mead trip. It's ready to go again!
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #3430

Quote:
I'll call Jayco tomorrow with the VIN# and ask. Thanks for the idea. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too trusting!
Big thank you to Tom! I've been dealing with the dealership and Jayco this week. I must say Jayco was great to deal with, my dealership...not so much!

Needless to say they never ordered my parts and didn't even have the complete list of items that needed to be fixed, even though we gave them a typed out sheet and emailed them the list of repairs.

So after dealing with the manager over service today (who by the way is new, so I can't blame him, which adds to my frustration!), they will be checking their 2 other dealerships for parts and at my strong suggestion, be scavenging parts off of their current inventory. And I will be getting a call tomorrow from the General Manager, who was conveniently off today!

Needless to say, I not pleased with Rv-Maxx right now!

No that's what I did to my Jayco today...I fought for her!
Old 04-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #3431

Pulled it from Spokane to Colville, WA. I pulled it with the fresh water tanks (90 gallons) close to full, because the tap water from the east side of Spokane (Newman Lake, actually) is really good drinking water. Even filled up a couple of 6 gallon water jugs.

I noticed that the handling characteristics of the TT on the road was different with the full tanks. I just looked to make sure, and saw that one tank is completely in front of the front axle, and 2/3 of the second tank is also in front of the front axle. So full tanks on my TT adds a good bit of extra tongue weight compared to pulling it with empty tanks.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:59 PM   #3432

Quote:
Big thank you to Tom! I've been dealing with the dealership and Jayco this week. I must say Jayco was great to deal with, my dealership...not so much!

Needless to say they never ordered my parts and didn't even have the complete list of items that needed to be fixed, even though we gave them a typed out sheet and emailed them the list of repairs.

So after dealing with the manager over service today (who by the way is new, so I can't blame him, which adds to my frustration!), they will be checking their 2 other dealerships for parts and at my strong suggestion, be scavenging parts off of their current inventory. And I will be getting a call tomorrow from the General Manager, who was conveniently off today!

Needless to say, I not pleased with Rv-Maxx right now!

No that's what I did to my Jayco today...I fought for her!

At least now you know what is really going on. Sorry you're going through this headache! Hopefully you'll be reunited with your camper soon and onto the next trip.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:34 PM   #3433

DH got the clear plexiglass panel for the bottom part of the screen sanded down to the right size, and wrestled it into place. He has caulked the inside, but still wants to caulk the outside of both that panel and the new window in the door. :-)
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:02 PM   #3434

We picked it up and loaded some of our stuff in it

SOLD 2003 Chevy 2500HD 8.1

2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW
Gameover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #3435

Inspected!

Had it inspected and the wheel bearings packed. 17 days until our 6000 mile trek.
ladamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #3436

Discovered a flat tire (screw in the edge of the sidewall) that had to be changed before we headed home. Also discovered that the braintrust at Jayco drilled the spare tire lift access hole in the fender skirt about 2" too high and to the right. Thankfully I was able to get the tire down without too much trouble, but I'm not debating filing a warranty claim for a new fender skirt with the hole drilled in the correct place.

Thankfully this happened at the campground and not on the road somewhere, especially as it was on the off-door side.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #3437

gave her a good washing getting ready for our first trip this year, can't wait till next Thursday
Old 04-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #3438

On first trip. Mattress must be army issued. Its just a wee hard.. Into WalMart . for a 2.5 inch memory foam pad.

We're doing OK maneuvering in shopping centers.

Tested our brake controller at 65 mph today too. The guy in front of us going 70 just stopped; he had missed his exit.. last we saw he was backing up in the high speed lane.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #3439

Cleaned the roof. Tried the spic and span, I'm sold works way better than any cleaners I've tried for the roofs. Washed the outside and waiting to wax tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #3440

Four projects completed today on my North Point 377RLBH!
1) Installed front JT Strongarm System.
2) Installed two MaxxAir II Vent Covers over bath and loft vents.
3) Installed a "big bubble" level on the front bulkhead, so that it's easier to level to side to side.
3) Removed back basement storage wall panels to find, identify, and separate the two pair of wires for the upcoming solar install.

Plus, DW got a bunch of things done in the interior!

All-in-all, a great day!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote